Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Libin Joseph 9 posts 31 karma points
    Oct 02, 2013 @ 19:07
    Libin Joseph

Filter contents in relation to value selected from a drop down box

I want to filter a list of contents based on the values selected in a drop down box. 

This is my workflow.

When the page loads, it displays a list of fruits.

There will a drop down box at the top of the page which says Color. And I would select "red" and hit update.

That should clear the list below and show all fruits, which are of color "Red"

Note: Each of these fruits will have a seperate property called color. Which I have not listed, But I know we are filtereing on that property.

How can I achieve this? 

I hope its something similar to this:

<ul>
    @foreach(var item in @Model.Children.Where("Red"))
    {
        <li>@item.Name</li>
    }
    </ul>
    My biggest concern is how do i pass the value red here on a button click. I hope I am on the right path.

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Oct 02, 2013 @ 22:14
    Jeavon Leopold

Hi again,

Are you wanting to perform this filtering asynchronously with JavaScript or are you thinking the page will reload?

For a asynchronous solution if you are using Umbraco v6.1 the recommended approach is to use UmbracoApi Controller There is a very good blog post here also.

If you are using a older version of Umbraco and cannot upgrade then the approach is to use the /base Api

You will of course need some jQuery or other JS Ajax handler to request the data and decide if you do the filtering client side or have a parameter you pass with the request and make a Ajax request each time the filter is changed.

If you are looking for a classic querystring/page reload solution have a look at this thread which is very similar.

Thanks,

Jeavon

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft