Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sri Harsha 8 posts 38 karma points
    Nov 07, 2013 @ 06:46
    Sri Harsha

Filtering property values based on another property in backoffice

Hi,

Our website has a Categories section and each Category can have multiple sub-categories as shown below.

Both have different doctypes. There is also a product catalogue with several products and each product has fields called 'Master Category' and 'Sub Category'. Both are drop-down lists and they currently use the Ultimate Picker data type.

What I want to do is show only the sub-categories in the drop-down that belong to this specific master category that is currently chosen. So basically it is showing the child nodes based on a selected parent.

Anyway to achieve this? Any help would be appreciated.

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 10, 2013 @ 21:26
    Jeavon Leopold

Hi Sri,

There is a package for doing exactly what you after called "Cascading Properties", however from a quick check of the comments, this package may not be compatible with Umbraco v6 as it hasn't been updated since v4.7

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the source code is online either, it might be worth you Tweeting the author (@dascoba) to see if the source is online anywhere.

Jeavon

• Balvvant 5 posts 25 karma points
    Mar 01, 2014 @ 11:53
    Balvvant

Hi Sri Harsh, any luck on this. I have a similar requirement as below. I have following structure...

enter image description here

I need to create cascading dropdown in such a way that the first dropdown shows all the L1 level entries. When user select any item in this dropdown then it will fill the second dropdown with all L2 items under selected L1 level value. When user selects the L2 level value then the third dropdown should show be filled with all the values in the L3 level under the selected L2 level values. When user publish the data it should able to save it and display back when selected the same node. How we can achieve this.

If you found any solution to your issue above, can you please provide the details to me. It will be of great help. Appreciate your help. Thanks a lot.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft