Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Nov 14, 2013 @ 09:55
    Fuji Kusaka

Multiple Url Picker "Upload"

I have the follwoing in my media section where i can have multiple file upload of different type and making use of Ucomponents Multiple url picker "Upload" .

So far its working but having some issues when i have to display the Name and Url to the file.

@if(m.ChildCount > 0 ){
                  foreach(var addFile in m.GetChildMedia().Where(x=>x.getProperty("tMaterials").Value.ToString() !="")){
                              string s = @addFile.getProperty("tMaterials").Value.ToString();
                                      foreach(var files in s){
                                               @files
                                           }                                                                                       

}                                                                               
     }

This is my output.

<multi-url-picker> <url-picker mode="Upload"> <new-window>False</new-window> <node-id></node-id> <url>/media/2768/Doc 2.xlsx</url> <link-title>Testing</link-title> </url-picker> <url-picker mode="Upload"> <new-window>False</new-window> <node-id></node-id> <url>/media/2768/Agreement for Sale.doc</url> <link-title>asdasdasd</link-title> </url-picker> <url-picker mode="Upload"> <new-window>False</new-window> <node-id></node-id> <url>/media/2768/Events Calendar 2013_v1.xlsx</url> <link-title></link-title> </url-picker> <url-picker mode="Upload"> <new-window>False</new-window> <node-id></node-id> <url>/media/2768/Doc 5.pdf</url> <link-title></link-title> </url-picker> </multi-url-picker>

Any help on this

//Fuji

• Ravi Motha 290 posts 500 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Nov 14, 2013 @ 12:26
    Ravi Motha

Is it looping and counting through the right number of items?

Nov 14, 2013 @ 12:29
    Fuji Kusaka

Hey Ravi,

Yes getting the right items but like this

<multi-url-picker> <url-picker mode="Upload"> <new-window>False</new-window> <node-id></node-id> <url>/media/2768/Doc 2.xlsx</url> <link-title>Testing</link-title> </url-picker> <url-picker mode="Upload"> <new-window>False</new-window> <node-id></node-id> <url>/media/2768/Agreement for Sale.doc</url> <link-title>asdasdasd</link-title> </url-picker> <url-picker mode="Upload"> <new-window>False</new-window> <node-id></node-id> <url>/media/2768/Events Calendar 2013_v1.xlsx</url> <link-title></link-title> </url-picker> <url-picker mode="Upload"> <new-window>False</new-window> <node-id></node-id> <url>/media/2768/Doc 5.pdf</url> <link-title></link-title> </url-picker> </multi-url-picker>

Nov 14, 2013 @ 12:35
    Ravi Motha

so you want to display the values in the XML eg link title and url or are you trying to  get another value from somewhere??

Cos there is a bunch of help and pointers here

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/razor/23666-Razor-script-to-iterate-through-uComponents-multi-URL-picker-nodes?p=1

Nov 14, 2013 @ 12:51
    Fuji Kusaka

Try those but without success! :(

Yes i want to display the values in XML.

Nov 14, 2013 @ 13:00
    Fuji Kusaka

By the way am using the Multiple UrlPicker in Media Section

Nov 14, 2013 @ 13:03
    Ravi Motha
            @foreach (var link in m.muli-url-picker.urlpicker)        {

//do stuff based on link mode 

@if (link.mode.ToLower() == "upload"){
     @link.GetProperty("Blah").Value;
    }

}
    its gotta be something like that, sorry am doing DotNetNuke and its messing my brain.. II don't think the Media type makes much differwence. once you get the right reference

Nov 14, 2013 @ 13:20
    Fuji Kusaka

Sorry still nothing! :(

umbraco.cms.businesslogic.media.Media' does not contain a definition for 'multi' and no extension method 'multi' accepting a first argument of type

foreach(var link in m.multi-url-picker.urlpicker){}                 
    Nov 14, 2013 @ 13:22
    Ravi Motha

it might be m.urlpicker I can see it but my brain is all clouded..and verbalising it is even harder

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft