Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Meni 271 posts 507 karma points
    Dec 05, 2013 @ 04:01
    Meni

Display nodes from multiple parents

Hello, So the way I organize the posts in my magazine is by years. So for example now my loop run on each topic on the 2013 "folder" (parent node). The question is: From Jan I'll create for each topic a new "Folder" (parent node) for 2014. Now, for the archive pages - how do I declare that it will show first the 2013 items and then the 2014? As well as - how do I like manage the pagination now? Cause it's calculate the 2013 childs node. Thx

• Jeavon Leopold 3074 posts 13631 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Dec 05, 2013 @ 08:45
    Jeavon Leopold

Hi Meni,

Could you pleas post your current Razor code and also illustrate your new folder structure or post a screen shot of the content tree?

Jeavon

• Meni 271 posts 507 karma points
    Dec 08, 2013 @ 15:43
    Meni

Hi Jeavon, So in order to make the question more simple: Let's say my tree is as follow: a b c d which under a I have aa ab ac, under b I have ba bb bc, under c I have ca, cb, cc. Then, under aa I have aa1 aa2 aa3,under ab I have ab1 ab2 ab3 and under ac I have ac1 ac2 ac3. under b I have ba1 bb2 bb3 etc.

What I'd like to do is to show all the nodes under a, b, c etc. so first I'd like to show the nodes: aa1 aa2 aa3

Then ab1 ab2 ab3

Then ac1 ac2 ac3

and then the same for ba, bb, bc, ca, cb, cc .. etc.

The question is: how do I do it that it will automatically start from the last node and go deeper? i thought maybe using recursion? Is there any easy method at Razor / Umbraco to do it?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft