Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel 44 posts 187 karma points
    Jan 23, 2014 @ 16:53
    Daniel

UmbracoTemplatePage vs DynamicNodeContext (multi tree picker)

I'm using Umbraco 7.0.1 and I'm trying to display a list of items selected by a multi tree picker.

I have done it before and then I've been able to list the result by a simple foreach loop, but that aproach seems only to work if I'm using the DynamicNodeContext model (@inherits umbraco.MacroEngines.DynamicNodeContext), however with MVC the preferred model seems to be UmbracoTemplatePage (@inherits UmbracoTemplatePage).

If anyone can help out with either of these questions I might get somewhere with this:

1. Can I display the result from a multi tree picker with UmbracoTemplatePage?

2. If I must use DynamicNodeContext instead, how do I include partial views? Html.RenderPartial("umbSocial") doesn't work with that model.

3. What is the difference between DynamicNodeContext and UmbracoTemplatePage anyway? And when should I use one or the other?

Many thanks,
    Daniel

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 23, 2014 @ 18:20
    Jeavon Leopold

Hi Daniel

1: Yes, see here for sample

2 & 3: Don't ever use DynamicNodeContext in v7, it is only for legacy support

Jeavon

• Daniel 44 posts 187 karma points
    Jan 24, 2014 @ 10:59
    Daniel

Thank you so much Jeavon! Exactly what I needed to hear in all three accounts. :)

/Daniel

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft