Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig Cronin 304 posts 503 karma points
    Mar 14, 2014 @ 21:10
    Craig Cronin

Error loading MacroEngine script (file: )

This issue is killing me, I have an Umbraco 4.7.2 and after a reboot of the server sometimes all the script files on the website show the above error message.

Sometimes if I reboot the server they start working again? Or if I restore a database from 24 hrs previously?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Mar 14, 2014 @ 21:20
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Craig

Why was the server rebooted? Was it due to updates that may have introduced this issue? I'm thinking if the MVC framework was updated or some of that software Umbraco relies on?

What does the code look like?

Have you checked the log table in the database to see if it gives some usefull information?

Maybe it's also worth checking out the server log?

/Jan

Mar 14, 2014 @ 21:28
    Craig Cronin

Hi Jan,

no not for updates, the server currently isn't installing updates.  This has happened approximately 3 - 4 times over the past couple of months.  The last time it stopped working only needed me to start the application pool, but that doesnt seem to be working this time.

Its Umbraco 4.7.2 which was early days for Razor really and weren't sure if this might be an issues.

Without knowing too much about the application there are a load of "Couldn't find any page with the nodeId = 1091. This is most likely caused by the page isn't published!  Parameter name: nodeIdCouldn't find any page with the nodeId = 1091. This is most likely caused by the page isn't published!  Parameter name: nodeId"

Messages, not sure about these?

Mar 14, 2014 @ 21:38
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Craig

Hmm, that's a tough one.

So you can't track it down to a single file - when it happens it's the whole site that goes down showing the error message?

Is any of your code trying to fetch the mentioned node, which has probably been deleted at some point?

/Jan

Mar 14, 2014 @ 21:45
    Craig Cronin

Its not my site only hosting for a friend.  All of a sudden all macro scripts show the same message.  I'm not sure if the above node is related to the indvidual script messages.

I don't think so otherwise there would be lots more in the log.

Whats strange is how it has previously started working after a reboot or reinstalling the database?

Mar 15, 2014 @ 22:07
    Craig Cronin

Hi Jan,

Really thank you for your help last night I really do appreciate the comments.  I was away last night so only had limited access to the server, but I've just got home and been looking at the issue more.

I enabled debug and used umbdebugshowtrace and luckily I could see it was complaining about the examine indexes.  Once I deleted the temp indexes all Razor scripts are now working again.arrrgghhhh.

Again Thanks, really appreciated your comments.

Mar 15, 2014 @ 22:20
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Craig

You're welcome. I'm always doing my best to help since I know how frustrating such issues are.

And thank you very much for sharing the solution so we all can benefit and learn from this. I've taken note so I'll have this in the back of my mind if I see others having the same issue.

Have a nice evening.

Cheers,
    Jan 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft