Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bob Banks 16 posts 36 karma points
    Apr 11, 2014 @ 23:55
    Bob Banks

Bad HTML generated by Umbraco.Truncate()?

@Umbraco.Truncate("<p><strong> this is my really really really really really really short blog post</strong></p>",10,false)

results in

<p><strong this is</strong></p></div>

Notice the open strong tag is broken.  Has anyone else noticed this? About to just roll my own.

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 12, 2014 @ 00:04
    Jeavon Leopold

Hi Bob,

I'm pretty sure there is method in here that would do the job properly.

Jeavon

• Mike Chambers 635 posts 1252 karma points c-trib
    May 02, 2014 @ 23:05
    Mike Chambers

Another approach is to leverage Tidy... I found you have to help a little for when the trunacte causes a break in a tag, but quite straight forward..

Sorry could only find xslt example.. but should apply in razor or usercontrol too..

<!-- we may be splitting mid tag!! -->
                                  <xsl:variable name="xmlFragment">
                                    <xsl:value-of select="substring(umbraco.library:GetXmlNodeById($nodeId)/abstract, 1, $abstractLength)" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
                                  </xsl:variable>
                                  <!-- help tidy out by removing any unclosed tag at the end of the string not so hot at this itself -->
                                  <xsl:variable name="regExp"><xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">[\s\S]*&gt;[^&lt;]*</xsl:text></xsl:variable>
                                  <xsl:value-of disable-output-escaping="yes" select="umbraco.library:Tidy(Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions:match($xmlFragment, $regExp), false)" />

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft