Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jacob 41 posts 90 karma points
    May 30, 2014 @ 19:03
    Jacob

Implementing a web form into an existing MVC project

I'm attempting to add a web form .aspx page to an existing MVC project.  Here is why:  WebForms support a Report Viewer control that enables access to remote reporting services.  I have a SSRS report server that I'd like to view reports from within my Umbraco MVC application.  I have the information I need to setup the WebForm page and configure it to display my reports.

This is the problem:

Umbraco will not route to my new "/ReportViewer.aspx" page, likely because it is not an Umbraco template. Umbraco templates typically inherit from Umbraco.Web.Mvc.UmbracoTemplatePage in a MVC project, or Umbraco.Web.WebForms.UmbracoTemplatePage in a WebForms project.  If I create a new template, I have no way of routing it to my ASPX page.  If I rename the template to end with .ASPX, Umbraco encounters some sort of internal error and displays a blank page.

How can I access a .ASPX WebForm from an Umbraco template, or is there a way to bypass the Umbraco routing methods to directly access this page?

• Jacob 41 posts 90 karma points
    May 30, 2014 @ 19:29
    Jacob

The following video was helpful for understanding Umbraco's routing between webforms and MVC:

http://stream.umbraco.org/video/8311216/aspnet-mvc-webforms-or-both

I'll update the topic as more information is uncovered.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft