Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeremy Ratliff 3 posts 51 karma points
    Jul 17, 2014 @ 05:32
    Jeremy Ratliff

Edit Profile Macro

Hello,

I want to get my technical specifications out of the way first in case these are relevant to my problems. I am running Umbraco v6.2.1 on IIS 7.5 with MSSQL Server 2008 R2.

I am having a couple of problems with the "Edit Profile" Razor macro. I am using the default, built-in, .cshtml, without making any changes. My problems are as follows:

1. The "success" variable always returns "False". Submitting the form with the same data or new data will not return the variable as "True". Therefore I cannot program against a successful form submission.
    2. If a field is not "null", it can never be submitted as "null". In other words; if a field contains data, I cannot clear that data and submit an empty field.

After spending hours trying to figure this out I have had to turn to the community for help. I believe the problem lies in the "UmbProfileController" but I do not understand enough C#, nor the structure of the Umbraco source code to debug it myself. I have tried removing all of the Razor and Javascript validation controls but this has had no effect.

In my desperation, I installed Umbraco v7.1.4 to test if these problems exist in that build. My first problem does not exist. The "success" variable will return as "True" when the form is submitted. However, my second problem still persists.

Just to cover everything: in the backoffice I can set all properties as empty without issue, so why can't it be done in this macro?

Here is my "EditProfile.cshtml"

Thank you for your time, I hope someone out there has a solution for me!

Jul 24, 2014 @ 12:26
    Jeremy Ratliff

No one else has run into this problem? I could really use some help... thanks.

• Ilya 18 posts 53 karma points
    Aug 19, 2014 @ 19:50
    Ilya

Hi, Jeremy!

Have you found a solution? I'm working on a similar problem, maybe you can help or point to the right direction?

Thanks. 

Oct 09, 2014 @ 21:49
    Jeremy Ratliff

Hello!

I stopped checking in on this. I have not been able to find a solution yet, and I suppose no one else has one!

If I do find a solution I will be certain to post it here.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft