Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Zachary Allen 12 posts 83 karma points
    Oct 08, 2014 @ 20:38
    Zachary Allen

DynamicNode Errors after update to 6.2.3

Recently updated from 6.1.6 to 6.2.3 and all DynamicNode() calls now return "System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Error happens when trying to load a .cshtml script file directly, not placing it in a template or macro.

I placed this code into a .cshtml file and ran it.

In 6.1.6 it would run just fine
    In 6.2.3 it would trow an error (unless loaded though a macro)

@using umbraco.MacroEngines

@{
    dynamic Test = new DynamicNode(1052); //Any Published Node
    }

@Test.Name

Is there any setting in the config files that would break DynamicNode?

-- update --

I Tracked down the problem to the umbraco.MacroEngines.dll - as long as I don’t upgrade this dll, DynamicNode() will keep working. But obviously this is not a good solution so if anyone has any ideas why it doesn’t work on the 6.2.3 version of umbraco.MacroEngines.dll I would be much appreciated.

-- update 2 --

I took a stock 6.1.6 site, created the test script file and it loaded just fine, then upgraded one version at a time till it broke.

DynamicNode called from a .cshtml file stopped working at 6.2.2 - Is this is bug? Feature? is there a work around?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Oct 11, 2014 @ 09:27
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Zachary

This seems like a bug to me - I think you should file a bug report on the issue tracker - But before doing so perhaps it's a good idea to either upgrade to 6.2.4 or make a clean installation of 6.2.4 to see if you get the same issue on that version since I'm not sure wether this will work on 6.2.4 because the release notes say it fixes some broken link picker stuff.

However it's better to be certain before filing the issue. Please post a link to the issue in here so others can go and vote it up if they come across this post.

Cheers, Jan

• Zachary Allen 12 posts 83 karma points
    Oct 13, 2014 @ 17:35
    Zachary Allen

Tested in 6.2.4 Still get an error. Bug report filed.

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-5636

Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft