Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gurjot Singh 5 posts 35 karma points
    Oct 09, 2014 @ 23:03
    Gurjot Singh

Question: Filtering content by properties using a drop down

Hi,

I have been trying to figure the best method to accomplish the following but am unable to determine the course of action.  I would like to create dropdowns with different options which correspond to various properties on the content page.  How would I be able to traverse through the content based on a value for a given property?

• Damian Green 452 posts 1433 karma points
    Oct 09, 2014 @ 23:17
    Damian Green

Hi Gurjot,

If i understand you correctly you may want to look at creating a datatype that is a multi node tree picker and setting the filter on it to the document types you need to pick from - and then add the newly created data type to your content type.

Is that what you are after? If not can you maybe explain a little more.

Cheers Damian

Oct 10, 2014 @ 01:54
    Gurjot Singh

Hi,

What I would like to make is a product filter page.  My Content is product items, each item has a Category, Sub Category, Title and Body.  I would like to have a “filter” page with 2 drop downs, one for Category and one for Sub Category.  As the user selects which category and it would iterate and show just that content and if they select a sub category it will further reduce the items they will see.  I would use multi node tree picker to allow the content editor to add the items but what would be the best method to list the content based onthe filter selected.

Oct 10, 2014 @ 19:40
    Gurjot Singh

Hi I was looking for syntax like below after some reading of the documenation and overlookng it time and time again I figured it out.  Now how to make it dynanmic with dropdowns. 

var nodes = root.Descendants("Catalog").Where("subCatalog == @0","item");

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft