Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Patrick Bregman 10 posts 67 karma points
    Nov 17, 2014 @ 16:35
    Patrick Bregman

Script tags in macroparameters (Umbraco 6.1.2)

Hey all,

I'm trying to put Javascript into macro parameters, but for some reason this gives me an "error". I get the macro parameters popup, in which I input the script tags. Then, when I click the "Ok" button, the output is

\r\n"', 'Poll (Polldaddy)', ' Poll (Polldaddy)<\/strong> No macro content available for WYSIWYG editing<\/span> '); });

This, of course, isn't what I expect or want. I expect it to close the dialog and show the macro (with the "default" rendering, because I don't want to render the Javascript tags in the editor). Is there any way that I can make the macro parameters popup work like it should?

I'm running Umbraco 6.1.2 on .NET 4.0, on Windows 7 Pro (incl. all updates) and IIS7.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 17, 2014 @ 16:53
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Patrick and welcome to our :)

This should work but it might be a bug in the particular version of Umbraco. What happens if you just put HTML in the parameter field? Does that work? If so maybe it's possible to iframe the Poll instead?

/Jan

• Patrick Bregman 10 posts 67 karma points
    Nov 18, 2014 @ 07:55
    Patrick Bregman

Normal HTML seems to work, even though that is also escaped. Running this poll in an IFrame is not really feasible, seeing the provider doesn't give that option (and it's a mobile site). I'll take a look at upgrading Umbraco to the most recent version, and otherwise I'll make the macro parameters popup ask for the poll ID. Slightly less convenient, but that should work. Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft