Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Leon 101 posts 489 karma points
    May 05, 2015 @ 14:23
    Leon

How do I get the current page from a new Grid Layout?

Hello.

I've made my own grid layout page - a copy of Bootstrap3.cshtml. I'm trying to get the current page (or a specific page). How can I do that? Looks like it needs "Umbraco.Web.Mvc.UmbracoTemplatePage", but this isn't a template. Any ideas?

Leon

• Leon 101 posts 489 karma points
    May 05, 2015 @ 14:29
    Leon

I found out how - from stack overflow.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15925076/umbraco-get-node-by-name-and-datatype

umbraco.NodeFactory.Node node = uQuery.GetNodesByName("Page Name").FirstOrDefault();

Leon

• Dan Sørensen 102 posts 327 karma points
    Oct 13, 2016 @ 14:15
    Dan Sørensen

Sorry Leon but I dont think your answer is correct because you are getting all pages with the same name ? so if you got more nodes in backend called the same as your homepage it will get more results back, for the most part I would guess it always will be the first in the list because you had created the homepage first, but I dont like the way you get the node because there is a possible risk it will get the worng node..

I like Marcelo version insted ! :D

• Marcelo S. 12 posts 57 karma points
    May 29, 2015 @ 20:20
    Marcelo S.

Hi Leon,

I was looking for a way to get the current page inside my grid framework. I tried your solution, but for what I was trying to accomplish that solution did not help me.

I found another way, including this line inside my framework grid:

IPublishedContent currentPage = UmbracoContext.PublishedContentRequest.PublishedContent;

As I don't know Umbraco very well, Please, someone could confirm if this approach is acceptable? Will I have problems in future for my website?

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft