Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• How Do I Delete My Account? 68 posts 433 karma points
    Aug 03, 2015 @ 14:15
    How Do I Delete My Account?

Error 404 when requesting getting URL - then redirected to the right page. What's up?

Hi!

I've a strange problem. When I request a certain page under a certain folder I immideatly get served my custom Error Page 404. Then it redirects to the right page (so it finds it, appearently). The error page is never shown, but when sharing the page on facebook for instance, it refers to "Not found 404", but when viewing the page everything's fine (because of the redirect).

On another note. When I can't find a page and the 404 Not Found SHOULD show - it doesn't. I get the web hosts 404 page, not my custom.

Anyone have any idea what's happening?

• How Do I Delete My Account? 68 posts 433 karma points
    Aug 04, 2015 @ 18:56
    How Do I Delete My Account?

It was appearently something wrong with the node. I moved all the children to the parent node and deleted the parent node. Now everything works just fine.

I don't know if it was because the name of the page was the same as its document type. It seems to be some problem there. For instance, you can go to www.yourdomain.com/documenttypename and you won't get an 404 even though that page doesn't exist. Weird.

Anyhow. Just move the children, create a new parent node. Delete old parent. Done. That should fix it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft