Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul Dowman 4 posts 35 karma points
    Aug 06, 2015 @ 12:52
    Paul Dowman

Using the built in Umbraco tags control in a custom view

Hello Umbraco Collective,

I'm looking for some advice. I'm working through my first Umbraco implementation. I have a requirement to allow members to create content using the web application (not the umbraco admin backend).

The content they need to create are events, usual stuff - date/time, location, description etc. I've also created Tags field on the documentType so that the events can be categorised.

I've set up the documentType, and a viewModel to match, plus the SurfaceController. What I want to do now is write the razor pages so that logged in users can create and update their events.

I've used the normal @Html.EditorFor(model=>model.description) syntax to create the input fields for the standard text fields. I'm a bit stumped on the tags input though. I can spit out the tags as a comma separated list, and I'm sure I could mangle the user input back into Umbraco tags, but ideally I'd like something more akin to the tags editor in the backend. It's much more slick.

Does anyone have any advice?

Poking around in the Umbraco-Client folder I found a file called jquery.tagsinput.js - is it possible to re-use this in the front end? Anyone done this and if so, how?

• Kim 1 post 71 karma points
    Jun 15, 2017 @ 14:12
    Kim

I also would like to know this, if anyone has any ideas.

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Jun 15, 2017 @ 16:40
    Nicholas Westby

I imagine you'd want to start here: http://xoxco.com/projects/code/tagsinput/

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft