Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hazar Askari 12 posts 73 karma points
    Aug 26, 2015 @ 12:18
    Hazar Askari

Multi Node treepicker Macro help

Hello guys,

I want to make life easier for my editors and publishers and give the Macros some restrictions. Basically i want to create a Macro to pick a node inside a specific path. The structure of my content tree is built so that all my Employees are inside a Employee List node. So i want the Employee Picker macro to have a startnode inside that Employee List node.

What i want is very similar to how Multi Node Tree Picker works. I want to define a startnode and max and minimum items. But i want this inside a Macro. can anyone help me?

Extra info: If i can get this to work i can basically make a Macro for all kinds of Blocks i have. I can make a News Picker macro, Employee Picker macro, Banner picker Macro, Quote picker macro, etc etc. In this way, i can create all my content in one place, and reuse the content all over the website by using these macros. The problem with Using a Content Picker inside a Macro is that there are no start nodes (no restrictions) so the editor can choose a wrong node, which will lead to an error.

• MrFlo 159 posts 403 karma points
    Aug 26, 2015 @ 15:27
    MrFlo

Hi,

If I got it correctly, you would have only a rich text editor and the editors would be able to select a macro and insert it where they want? Personally, I don't think using macros is a good idea. Why not use the grid editor for that or create multiple tabs and check if there is a value selected for each property ?

• Tommy Enger 72 posts 277 karma points c-trib
    Jan 26, 2016 @ 12:58
    Tommy Enger

Hi Hazar. Were you able to create a multi node treepicker datatype to be used as macro parameter?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft