Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• maanehunden 61 posts 105 karma points
    Jul 20, 2010 @ 21:40
    maanehunden

XSLT error when using UmbracoExamine

I've encoutered a wired error. I have implemented Examine lucene extension and it works perfectly when i use it within my usercontrol, but as soon as i am using it within an XSLT it results in "Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\ContentRightPosts.xslt" error . Her's my setup: in xsltExtensions.config

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> 
    <XsltExtensions>
        <ext assembly="/bin/UmbracoExamine.Contrib" type="UmbracoExamine.Contrib.XsltExtensions" alias="examine" />
    </XsltExtensions>

in my xslt i've added the folowing code

<xsl:stylesheet 
        version="1.0" 
        xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" 
        xmlns:msxml="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"
        xmlns:examine="urn:examine"
        xmlns:umbraco.library="urn:umbraco.library" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltCommon="urn:Exslt.ExsltCommon" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes="urn:Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltMath="urn:Exslt.ExsltMath" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions="urn:Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltStrings="urn:Exslt.ExsltStrings" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltSets="urn:Exslt.ExsltSets" xmlns:tagsLib="urn:tagsLib" 
        exclude-result-prefixes="msxml examine umbraco.library Exslt.ExsltCommon Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes Exslt.ExsltMath Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions Exslt.ExsltStrings Exslt.ExsltSets tagsLib ">
    <xsl:output method="xml" omit-xml-declaration="yes"/>
    <br/>
    <xsl:param name="currentPage"/>
    <xsl:template match="/">
      [[<xsl:value-of select="examine:Search('something')"/>]]
    </xsl:template>

is it possible to see a more accurate XSLT error description, I've difficult time debugging this, cant realy see why it fails that way it does ,..

I am using Umbraco 4.1, and all of the Examine and Lucene index stuff works, exept for this XsltExtenshen,.. )c: 

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jul 20, 2010 @ 21:44
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi maanehunden,

Whether it's a typo I don't know, but that <br /> tag after the <xsl:output> instruction is a sure contender for an XSLT error :-)

/Chriztian

Jul 20, 2010 @ 21:56
    maanehunden

yes it is a type O (c: 

• Jeff Grine 149 posts 189 karma points
    Jul 20, 2010 @ 21:59
    Jeff Grine

In 4.1 you need to take the bin off the assembly path in XsltExtensions.

Jul 20, 2010 @ 22:59
    maanehunden

I've tryed it and all my XSLT's failed at the same time.. )c:  I've removed bin from the assembly path ,.. like that

<ext assembly="UmbracoExamine.Contrib" type="UmbracoExamine.Contrib.XsltExtensions" alias="examine" />

• Jeff Grine 149 posts 189 karma points
    Jul 20, 2010 @ 23:00
    Jeff Grine

Sorry, should be

ext assembly="/UmbracoExamine.Contrib" type="UmbracoExamine.Contrib.XsltExtensions" alias="examine" />

Jul 20, 2010 @ 23:17
    maanehunden

nope,.. the same )c: all my XSLT's failed at the same time.. 
    And a little u pdate,. I did some extensive googling and learned something new (c:  when i add ?umbDebugShowTrace=true to page url, I can see a more detailed dbug information,.. on the XSLT errors (c: 

when i type my assembly with bin directry and all i get this following error on my XSLT macro,.. 

umbracoMacro InnerException Could not load file or assembly 'Examine, Version=0.9.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
    Could not load file or assembly 'Examine, Version=0.9.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
      at UmbracoExamine.Contrib.XsltExtensions.Search(String searchText, Boolean useWildcards)
      at UmbracoExamine.Contrib.XsltExtensions.Search(String searchText)

it didn't bring me closer to the solution thou .. wired i've following assemblyes in my bin dir. 

• Examine.dll
    • UmbracoExamine.dll
    • UmbracoExamine.Contrib.dll
    I cant quite see what it's missing

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Jul 21, 2010 @ 00:39
    Lee Kelleher

Hi maanehunden,

Where did you get the "UmbracoExamine.Contrib.dll" from?

As far as I am aware it's not been released yet.  If you compiled it from the latest code on CodePlex, then make sure that you have copied across the corresponding "Examine.dll" and "UmbracoExamine.dll" ... as they would have changed since the v4.5 release.

Cheers, Lee.

Jul 21, 2010 @ 10:20
    maanehunden

Hi Lee

I've got it from farmcode.com CodeGarden Demo site. So it should be the latest.. and all my usercontrols which use Examine work,... So i don't think that i got the wrong version somehow,.. 

I dont't think that Examine dll as it is has an XSLT extension class,.. i've checked it with refractor...

I wonder if i just have to make my own extension class,.. hmmm 

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Jul 21, 2010 @ 10:34
    Lee Kelleher

Hi maanehunden,

Did you copy only "UmbracoExamine.Contrib.dll" across from the demo site? or all three DLLs? (I believe you'd need all three)

On a side-note: The "Examine.dll" wont contain any XSLT extensions, as that's the abstraction layer, all the Umbraco-specific code is in "UmbracoExamine.dll".

Cheers, Lee.

Jul 21, 2010 @ 13:36
    maanehunden

Hi Lee 

No i copied all three DLLs from the demo site.. well after some considaration i made my own Search extension using the UmbracoExamine.
    Well  I'm going to blog about it thats for chore ,.. Thanx for all your help guys. 

Jul 23, 2010 @ 16:22
    maanehunden

I hope it would be useful for someone (c:
    Cheers Maanehunden

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft