Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Jul 29, 2010 @ 22:35
    Kim Andersen

Attach image to an email through umbraco.library:SendMail

Hi all,

I'm using the umbraco.library:SendMail to send out an email to the owner of a website through a form on the website. It works perfectly. I use the code below:

<xsl:template match="/">

<xsl:variable name="settings" select="umbraco.library:GetXmlNodeById('1049')" />

<xsl:choose>
            <xsl:when test="umbraco.library:Request('SendMail')">
                <xsl:call-template name="SendMail">
                    <xsl:with-param name="Recipients">
                        <xsl:value-of select="$settings/emailReceive"/>
                    </xsl:with-param>
                    <xsl:with-param name="Body">
                        <![CDATA[<u>Information:</u><br/><b>Navn: </b>]]><xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:Request('navn')"/><![CDATA[<br/>]]>
                        <![CDATA[<b>Address: </b>]]><xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:Request('adresse')"/><![CDATA[<br/>]]>
                        <![CDATA[<b>Zip code.: </b>]]><xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:Request('zip')"/><![CDATA[<br/>]]>
                        <![CDATA[<b>City: </b>]]><xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:Request('by')"/><![CDATA[<br/>]]>
                        <![CDATA[<b>Phone: </b>]]><xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:Request('tlf')"/><![CDATA[<br/>]]>
                        <![CDATA[<b>E-mail: </b>]]><xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:Request('email')"/><![CDATA[<br/>]]>
                        <![CDATA[<b>Comment: </b>]]><xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:Request('com')"/><![CDATA[<br/>]]>
                    <xsl:with-param name="From">
                        <xsl:value-of select="$settings/emailReceive"/>
                    <xsl:with-param name="Subject">Contact from the site</xsl:with-param>
                </xsl:call-template>
            </xsl:when>
            <xsl:otherwise>
                <hr/>
                <div id="kontaktformular">
                    <form id="book" name="book" action="">
                        <input type="hidden" name="SendMail" value="t"></input>

<label for="navn">Name</label>
                        <input type="text" name="navn" id="navn" class="required" minlength="2"/>
                        <br/>
                        <label for="alder">Age</label>
                        <input type="text" name="alder" id="alder" class="required"/>
                        <br/>
                        <label for="adresse">Address</label>
                        <input type="text" name="adresse" id="adresse" class="required"/>
                        <br/>
                        <label for="zip">Zip code</label>
                        <input type="text" name="zip" id="zip" class="required digits" minlength="4" maxlength="4"/>
                        <br/>
                        <label for="by">City</label>
                        <input type="text" name="by" id="by" class="required" minlength="2"/>
                        <br/>
                        <label for="tlf">Phone</label>
                        <input type="text" name="tlf" id="tlf" maxlength="8" minlength="8" class="required digits"/>
                        <br/>
                        <label for="email">E-mail</label>
                        <input type="text" name="email" id="email" class="required email"/>
                        <br/>
                        <label for="com">Comment</label>
                        <textarea rows="3" name="com" id="com"></textarea>
                        <br/>
                        <button type="submit" value="Send"/>
                    </form>
                </div>
            </xsl:otherwise>
        </xsl:choose>

</xsl:template>

<xsl:template name="SendMail">
            <xsl:param name="Recipients"></xsl:param>
            <xsl:param name="Body"></xsl:param>
            <xsl:param name="From"></xsl:param>
            <xsl:param name="Subject"></xsl:param>

<xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:SendMail($From, $Recipients, $Subject, $Body, 'true')"/>
            <hr/>
            <p>Thanks</p>

</xsl:template>

But what I'd like to do is to give the user the possibility of attaching two images to the mail. I want to create two new input fields where the user can choose an image in each of them.

I'm pretty sure that this can't be acchieved using the extension, but I have thought of something else. Another thing that would work for me is the following:

When the user clicks the send-button, the two selected images will be uploaded into the media-section of umbraco, and in the mail-body of the e-mail there could then be two links to the two files in the media section. Is this easier to do?

This will probably need some .NET, but unfortunatelly I can't code in .NET my self. But if some of you guys have got a snippet or knows how this can be done in .NET/XSLT I would really love to see it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

/Kim A

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft