Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Cornelia 31 posts 53 karma points
    Sep 03, 2010 @ 12:09
    Cornelia

How change Xslt Schema after Upgrade to 4.5.2?

Dear Umbraco-Users

I upgraded from Version 4.0.3 to 4.5.2 without using the new Xslt Schema and everything is ok:

in umbracoSettings.config:
    <UseLegacyXmlSchema>true</UseLegacyXmlSchema>

Now I tried to convert my two XSLT-Files (Breadcrumb and Sitemap) and changed the UseLegacyXmlSchema to false. But this does not work. The pages which are using this xslt-Files are only white and dont show any content.

What did I forget to do?

Thanks a lot
    Cornelia

Sep 03, 2010 @ 13:20
    Cornelia

Hi

In the meantime I checked my xslt-files and they are correct.
    I realized, that I have to republish my content and then the republished pages are fine.

My questions:
    1. Is there another problem that I dont see at the moment?
    2. Can I delete now the folder data/, because App_Data/ will be used now? Or is this dangerous?

Thanks in advance
    Cornelia

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Sep 03, 2010 @ 13:35
    Dirk De Grave

Sounds ok, if you followed the upgrade tutorial available on the wiki (http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup/upgrading-an-umbraco-installation), you should be fine.

Cheers,

/Dirk

Sep 03, 2010 @ 13:46
    Cornelia

Hi Dirk

I just republished the hole site and now I have really a mess!
    I make use of the umbracoUrlName and now all links are broken. Even when I republish the pages manually, the url's in "link to the document" wont be updated with the input in umbracoUrlName. Does umbracoUrlName not work with version 4.5.2?

Thanks
    Cornelia

Sep 03, 2010 @ 13:49
    Dirk De Grave

TBH, never tried umbracoUrlName on a v4.5.2 site, but will do some quick tests on a local v4.5.2 install to verify whether this is an issue

Cheers,

/Dirk

Sep 03, 2010 @ 13:55
    Dirk De Grave

Just verified this on a local 4.5.2 install, umbracoUrlName is working fine, so that's not the issue.

Have you tried to also republish the entire site (Click on 'Content' and choose 'Republish entire site')? How about the umbraco.config file now? Does it hold the correct values for the url?

Let us know what you find out!

Cheers,

/Dirk

Sep 03, 2010 @ 14:41
    Cornelia

Hi Dirk

Yes, I used 'Republish entire site'. I am not sure, if the App_Data/umbraco.config is ok. Here one example of a node:

<node id="1073" version="79053a13-bd2f-4367-b0fb-5e9f890ca07f" parentID="1072" level="3" writerID="0" creatorID="0" nodeType="1045" template="1046" sortOrder="3" createDate="2009-07-29T14:39:49" updateDate="2010-02-16T13:00:40" nodeName="Praxisausbildner /Praxisaubildnerin NKG®" urlName="praxisausbildner-nkg-als-pe" writerName="Administrator" creatorName="Administrator" nodeTypeAlias="textseite_lehrm_3spalten" path="-1,1048,1072,1073">
            <data alias="text"><![CDATA[<h1>Praxisausbildner / Praxisausbildnerin NKG&reg;</h1>
    <h2>.............</h2>
    <p>.....my content..........</p>
    <?UMBRACO_MACRO ucpageid="1073" macroAlias="SubnaviSeminare" />]]></data>
            <data alias="bild">/media/417/xyz.jpg</data>
            <data alias="alt_bild">Praxisausbildner</data>
            <data alias="seitentitel">Seminar ALS und PE</data>
            <data alias="umbracoUrlName">praxisausbildner-nkg-als-pe</data>
            <data alias="umbracoRedirect">
            </data>
            <data alias="inhalt_spalte_rechts"><![CDATA[]]></data>
            <data alias="umbracoNaviHide">0</data>
            <data alias="TextVorAbsenden"><![CDATA[]]></data>
            <data alias="TextNachAbsenden"><![CDATA[]]></data>
            <data alias="meta_keywords"><![CDATA[ALS]]></data>
            <data alias="meta_description"><![CDATA[Seminarinhalt]]></data>
          </node>

This page with the node id 1073 does not exist. Not with the ID and not with the name. :-(

Thanks
    Cornelia

Sep 03, 2010 @ 15:04
    Dirk De Grave

Looks like the umbraco.config is still in old legacy format, altho you've specified to use the new schema after converting the xslt's, right? How about deleting the entire umbraco.config file, and regenerate using the technique i've specified in previous post and see if that fixes it.

/Dirk

Sep 03, 2010 @ 15:12
    Cornelia

Hi Dirk

I found a solution. I have to publish each folder and not the entire site! No idea why, but when I publish each folder, then it works. I hope, that this is now the solution for me.

My second question was: can I now delete the folder /data/? Does Version 4.5.2 use it anymore?

Thanks a lot, I have now weekend.. :-)

Cornelia

Sep 03, 2010 @ 15:19
    Dirk De Grave

Should have mentioned that... My bad, republishing should always be those two steps. Publish each root node and then republish entire site... Great you got it working and thanks for the feedback. You've just earned a #h5yr!

I guess you can now safely delete what's in the /data folder but do take a backup before doing so in case something woes...

Have a gr8 weekend.

Cheers,

/Dirk

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft