Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Max Mumford 266 posts 293 karma points
    Sep 03, 2010 @ 13:32
    Max Mumford

Douglas Robar's XSLT search to include Keyword meta data

Hi all,

I'm using Douglas Rober's XSLT search package and want to set it to include the page's keyword meta data.

What documents and where do I have to edit to get this working?

Thanks.

Max.

• Bas Schouten 135 posts 233 karma points
    Sep 03, 2010 @ 13:39
    Bas Schouten

Hi Max,

I think you have to visit the project page. On the fourth screenshot you see which fields are to be searched.

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/xsltsearch

Bas

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Sep 03, 2010 @ 13:40
    Dirk De Grave

Hi Max,

Have you read the excellent docs available for xslt search? (http://www.percipientstudios.com/media/4397/xsltsearch%202.7%20documentation.pdf) On page 5, you'll find info on how to include search fields. Btw, if you're using the "standard" umbraco naming convention (ie metaDescription,metaKeywords,bodyText) then you shouldn't really need to set those explicitely as these are default properties searched by xslt search. If you need to include more fields, just use the right macro parameter to set the fields to be searched within.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

/Dirk

Sep 10, 2010 @ 11:17
    Max Mumford

Havnt had time to implement this but it looks like the advice should work :) 

When I do ill post my results on here for other future users.

Thanks for your time :)

Max.

Nov 08, 2010 @ 15:22
    Max Mumford

Hi all,

I have added the appropriate fields that I want to be searched to the searchFields string in the XSLTsearch.xslt file like below:

<xsl:variable name="searchFields" select="ps:getListParameter(string(//macro/searchFields), '@nodeName,PageTitle,title,keywords,Description,bodyText,secondaryText')"/>

and made a test page with some jibberish in the keywords field, but when searching for the jibberish i entered the node is not showing up.
    I double checked that I am using the correct alias for the keywords field from the textPage document type but still no luck.
    Am I doing this right?
    Thanks,
    Max.

• Md Johirul Islam 37 posts 57 karma points
    Oct 12, 2011 @ 18:56
    Md Johirul Islam

I install XSLT package every thing working fine. But the problem is when i type into the search input box the result is show in my target page and near the input search box. Any one know why it happen. Please provide me the solution..... Thank you.......

Oct 13, 2011 @ 11:09
    Max Mumford

Hi all,

Just an update to my last post (bit late, I know!) - I realised that the reason only some of my posts were showing up was because the search was only including nodes that had the property umbracoNaviHide set to false or null. Removing the umbracoNaviHide attribute selector from the XSLT selector statements solved this for me.

@Md Johirul Islam, please start a new thread with your problem as it is unrelated to this one. Thanks

Oct 13, 2011 @ 11:09
    Max Mumford

(duplicate post)

• Ken 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jan 10, 2012 @ 10:01
    Ken

@Max Mumford

Any idea how to solve this if I don't want the page to be included in the naigation, but do want it to be searchable?

Cheers.

Jan 18, 2012 @ 11:10
    Max Mumford

Add a new property called something like "hideFromSearch" and use that to filter results instead :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft