Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David W. 159 posts 284 karma points c-trib
    Oct 06, 2010 @ 16:00
    David W.

Or-operator in for-each

Hello,

I'm looking to iterate through nodes of a particular set of document types.

My cuurent xslt looks like this: 

<xsl:for-each select="$currentPage/StandardPage/ancestor-or-self::* [@level=1]/* [@isDoc and string(umbracoNaviHide) != '1'] ">

That works great, but I would also like to add another documenttype to the clause, I was hoping for something like this:

<xsl:for-each select="$currentPage/[StandardPage | AnotherPage]/ancestor-or-self::* [@level=1]/* [@isDoc and string(umbracoNaviHide) != '1'] ">

But that does not work. Any ideas?

Thanks.

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Oct 06, 2010 @ 16:14
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Sledger, 

It actually doesn't matter because you're going up to level one, so you can just leave it out:

<xsl:for-each select="$currentPage/ancestor-or-self::*[@level=1]/*[@isDoc][not(umbracoNaviHide = 1)] ">
    - Just in case you're just wondering how to do the other thing:
    <xsl:for-each select="$currentPage/*[self::StandardPage or self::AnotherPage]/ancestor-or-self::*[@level=1]/*[@isDoc][not(umbracoNaviHide) = 1]">

/Chriztian

• David W. 159 posts 284 karma points c-trib
    Oct 07, 2010 @ 17:49
    David W.

Thanks for the markup. It sort of works, but gave me some unwanted consequences. As i suck on xslt (really need to take a training course!) I'm gonna go with another approach altogheter.

• Thomas Höhler 1237 posts 1709 karma points MVP
    Oct 08, 2010 @ 12:27
    Thomas Höhler

I have a similiar approach but for excluding not including subnodes, but it can easily be reversed like this:

1. I defined a param listing the document types to include:

<xsl:param name="nodeTypes">Admin;Test;</xsl:param>

2. Then I have the for-each with the filtering:

<xsl:for-each select="$currentPage/ancestor-or-self::Frontpage/* [@isDoc and string(umbracoNaviHide) != '1' and contains($nodeTypes, concat(local-name(), ';')) = true]">

With local-name you get the nodename (without namespace) so you can compare strings to it

hth, Thomas

• Ernst Utvik 123 posts 235 karma points
    Oct 08, 2010 @ 12:58
    Ernst Utvik

Since my problem is similar to yours I'll take the liberty to continue your post ;)

Could anyone tell me the correct way to write the following:

<xsl:variable name="upcomingEvents" select="($calendar/descendant/*/CalendarEvent [@isDoc and umbraco.library:DateGreaterThanOrEqualToday(./calEventDate)]"/>

cheers

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Oct 08, 2010 @ 13:11
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Ernst - it's best if you create a new topic for stuff like this, but here you go:

<xsl:variable name="upcomingEvents" select="$calendar//CalendarEvent[umbraco.library:DateGreaterThanOrEqualToday(calEventDate)]" />

(You don't really need the @isDoc check if you know the DocumentType name, unless it's very generic)

/Chriztian

• Ernst Utvik 123 posts 235 karma points
    Oct 08, 2010 @ 13:30
    Ernst Utvik

Great stuff Chriztian :) Thanx a bunch.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft