Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Vincent DeCapite 64 posts 83 karma points
    Oct 14, 2010 @ 19:24
    Vincent DeCapite

Problem opening up SWF from link

From the template I have an option for the user to pick a media file to attach to the link as shown here in the productAnimation1 Section:

In my template I have a piece of XSLT code that state:

<xsl:if test="$product/data [@alias = 'productAnimation1'] != ''">

<li><a href="{$product/data [@alias = 'productAnimation1']}" target="_blank">DeCapiteTEst</a></li>

</xsl:if>

When the page load though, it its getting the folder ID, but it is not getting the File Name so the actual file will open. I am getting this as the URL:

http://10.1.20.195/product/productcat/productsubcat/3265 (no file name of this at the end)

.. I am new to XSLT and passing variables like this so any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Oct 14, 2010 @ 20:10
    Rich Green

Hi Vincent,

The problem you are having is that the ProductAnimation1 property holds the Node Id of the media item selected, so in your example your Snare_Release04.swf file will have a node id of 3265.

To understand how to get the values from node Lee has a great post here http://blog.leekelleher.com/2009/11/30/how-to-use-umbraco-library-getmedia-in-xslt/

You need to change your code to something like this:

<xsl:variable name="mediaId" select="number($product/data[@alias='productAnimation1'])" />

<xsl:if test="$mediaId &gt; 0">

<xsl:variable name="mediaNode" select="umbraco.library:GetMedia($mediaId, 0)" />

<xsl:if test="count($mediaNode/data) &gt; 0 and string($mediaNode/data[@alias='umbracoFile']) != ''">

<a href="{$mediaNode/data[@alias='umbracoFile']}"><xsl:value-of select="$mediaNode/@nodeName"/><a/>

Hope this helps

Rich
  • Vincent DeCapite 64 posts 83 karma points
    Oct 14, 2010 @ 20:19
    Vincent DeCapite

Awesome That Worked... Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft