Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nic Wise 51 posts 85 karma points
    Oct 16, 2010 @ 13:57
    Nic Wise

Strange Error. "Error: Error parsing XSLT file"

OK, so it doesn't SOUND strange. But it is.

I have a number of xslts on a page (no surprise there). They are all valid, all work, and all save fine. The site works great (www.takethat.com for what it's worth).

Now, if I redeploy my build of UComment package, which deploys an XSLT amongst other stuff, I get this error until I open and save the XSLT in the CMS UI.

Error: Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\UCommentListComments.xslt

So basically, I drop a new version of the xslt over the top of the old one - on disk - umbraco complains until I save it _via_the_UI_.

We had this happen on the live server the other day, too, and I  guess this was done by copying the xslt folder from test to live. No actual errors with the XSLT - open, save, now it works.

Any ideas? is it the file system getting out of whack? if it helps the site is on a UNC share (which otherwise works), tho the problem also appears on a normal local drive.

UMB 4.5.1. .NET 3.5 SPwhatever. Win2008 R2. 2 web servers in a cluster, 1 DB server, site is on the DB server, but served from the front nodes

• eddy 43 posts 64 karma points
    Oct 18, 2010 @ 10:48
    eddy

I noticed that when I installed the package (.Net 3.5) the xslt extension config file was not updated, thus Umbraco cannot find the ucomment dll file and presents the same error. I've got it working on a test environment but am having more problems on the live version.

Eddy

• Nic Wise 51 posts 85 karma points
    Oct 18, 2010 @ 11:53
    Nic Wise

Thanks Eddy. I mostly get it when I reinstall a package, I've not noticed it on first install.

I think I'm going to have to reproduce it by using the ?umbDebugShowTrace thing.

Cheers

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft