Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Vincent DeCapite 64 posts 83 karma points
    Oct 19, 2010 @ 18:52
    Vincent DeCapite

Javascript to have new window for link

Hi There,

I have an XSLT with the following code in it:

<xsl:variable name="mediaId" select="number($product/data[@alias='productAnimation1'])" />

<xsl:if test="$mediaId &gt; 0">

<xsl:variable name="mediaNode" select="umbraco.library:GetMedia($mediaId, 0)" />

<xsl:if test="count($mediaNode/data) &gt; 0 and string($mediaNode/data[@alias='umbracoFile']) != ''">

<a href="{$mediaNode/data[@alias='umbracoFile']}"><xsl:value-of select="$mediaNode/@nodeName"/><a/>

</xsl:if>

</xsl:if>

What I am trying to do is to make that so when the link taht is generated is clicked, a new javascript window pops up with a predefine size.. I tried using this code: (Changing the link with Javascript)

<a href="{$mediaNode/data[@alias='umbracoFile']}" target="_blank" onclick="MM_openBrWindow('{$mediaNode/data[@alias='umbracoFile']}','test1234','toolbar=yes,location=yes,status=yes,menubar=yes,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,width=200,height=100')">test

Then I added a head script tag that was this:

<script type="text/javascript">
    function MM_openBrWindow(theURL,winName,features) { //v2.0
      window.open(theURL,winName,features);
    }
    </script>

The result of this is that it opens up two windows one with the predefined size, and one that is full sized...

Any thoughts??

Thanks For your help

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Oct 19, 2010 @ 18:59
    Rich Green

Try changing

<a href="{$mediaNode/data[@alias='umbracoFile']}" target="_blank" onclick...

to

<a href="#" onclick...

Rich

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Oct 19, 2010 @ 20:57
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Vincent,

The reason you get the second ("normal") window is because you're allowing the browser to perform the normal click behaviour on a link (go to the URL in the href attribute) after executing the onclick handler. You should return false from the handler to prevent this:

<a href="{$mediaNode/data[@alias = 'umbracoFile']}"> target="_blank" onclick="MM_openBrWindow(this.href, 'test1234', 'ALL_THE_FEATURES_HERE'); return false;">test</a>

(I've also used this.href so you only have to remember to update the URL in one place)

/Chriztian

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft