Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Vincent DeCapite 64 posts 83 karma points
    Oct 26, 2010 @ 22:36
    Vincent DeCapite

Linking to a document and showing a document title

Hi All,

I have a user question that was brought up and wondering if I could get some support with this. Currently we are uploading all of our PDF to umbraco. When we link them we have them pop up in a new window: The title bar pops up with the path of the pdf like so:

Is there anyway to change that or have an attirbute in Umbraco to change that to a title such as PDF1 instead of having the path? I tried using a title tag in the link where I am forming it but am having no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks!

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Oct 27, 2010 @ 10:52
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Vincent,

Since the PDF is being opened directly within a web-browser, you'll have no control over the title of the window.

If you need to set the title, then you'll need to look at a way to embed the PDF within a HTML document - there you can set the <title> to whatever you like.

Quick disclaimer - embedding PDFs can be quite tricky ... everything comes down to the end-users set-up (whether they have the correct plugins installed, etc)

Take a look at this StackOverflow topic for more details: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/291813/best-way-to-embed-pdf-in-html

Cheers, Lee.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft