Logout using xslt + macro.net

Hi!

This is my umbraco info:

Umbraco v4.0.3

Microsoft SQL Server 2005

IIS v5.1

ASP.NET 3.5

And this is my problem:

We are developing a web site with umbraco. In fact, we are integrating an existing web application in Umbraco, using usercontrols. We have a .net macro that does the LOGOUT function, and we want to put it in the horizontal menĂº, that it's a xsl macro. I have read that you can't call a .net macro from a xsl macro.

So, is there any way to do what I want? (See the figure below)

Thanks!

• Powellze 38 posts 73 karma points
    Nov 09, 2010 @ 16:33
    Powellze

I have a couple of projects built this way. When I create a project I use the Settings > Templates and this is basically a MasterPage from .Net. Here you can add in your own controls etc.

Or a different way is to use a Developer > Macro and browse your user control and add it in that way and specify this in your template.

I think this PDF is old but will give you the general idea:

http://umbraco.org/media/42a0202c-b0ba-4f84-bcf1-64dfd5230322-usingcontrolswithumbraco.pdf

Let me know if you need any more on this.

Tim

• sauritas 37 posts 57 karma points
    Nov 09, 2010 @ 16:51
    sauritas

In fact, I have my .net usercontrol in my Master Template, but I want that control to be shown in a horizontal dropdown menu, that is a xslt macro (that i also call in my master template). So, if I want to put my LOGOUT .net usercontrol as it were part of my horizontal dropdown menu...

Thanks!

• Powellze 38 posts 73 karma points
    Nov 09, 2010 @ 17:03
    Powellze

Ok.., so first off you produce a horizontal navigation.

Then in the navigation based upon X condition the logout 'control' needs to be added to this navigation?

What is in the logout control?

I think what you are doing needs to be done at a different level, what you are aiming for I dont think you can get at. Maybe a little more explanation might get me to what you are after.

Tim

• sauritas 37 posts 57 karma points
    Nov 09, 2010 @ 17:16
    sauritas

Yes, that is what I want.

In my logout control I have the methods needed to logout in umbraco and in my own application (we have developed our own member control).

Maybe I have to think in a different way... I don't know... in the original application, I did it by showing or hidding a <div> in the master template depending if a user was logged (in the cs code)....

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft