Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• pikej 27 posts 47 karma points
    Nov 09, 2010 @ 22:24
    pikej

Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\UCommentListComments.xslt

hi guys,

I got Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\UCommentListComments.xslt when trying to start a page with UComment package.

The same happens when I try to load a blog projects. I can see 

Please check config/xsltExentions.config.

I check this file but there is there:

<ext assembly="\bin\UComment" type="UComment.XSLTLibrary" alias="UCommentLibrary"> 

What could cause this? I am pretty new to umbraco and would really appreciate any help.

thanks in advance.

• eddy 43 posts 64 karma points
    Nov 10, 2010 @ 09:44
    eddy

Hi Pikej,

Maybe my post could help you.

Eddy

• James 3 posts 23 karma points
    Dec 11, 2010 @ 20:56
    James

Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\UCommentListComments.xslt

I have run "?umbDebugShowTrace=true" and got this part in red

umbracoMacro InnerException    Could not load assembly C:\HostingSpaces\sosociet\sosociety.com\wwwroot\bin\bin\UComment.dll for XSLT extension UCommentLibrary. Please check config/xsltExentions.config.
    Could not load assembly C:\HostingSpaces\sosociet\sosociety.com\wwwroot\bin\bin\UComment.dll for XSLT extension UCommentLibrary. Please check config/xsltExentions.config.
      at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensions()
      at umbraco.macro.AddMacroXsltExtensions()
      at umbraco.macro.AddXsltExtensions()
      at umbraco.macro.GetXsltTransformResult(XmlDocument macroXML, XslCompiledTransform xslt, Dictionary`2 parameters)
      at umbraco.macro.GetXsltTransformResult(XmlDocument macroXML, XslCompiledTransform xslt)
      at umbraco.macro.loadMacroXSLT(macro macro, Hashtable attributes, Hashtable pageElements)    0.0091524    0.000747
    umbracoMacro InnerException    Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\HostingSpaces\sosociet\sosociety.com\wwwroot\bin\bin\UComment.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\HostingSpaces\sosociet\sosociety.com\wwwroot\bin\bin\UComment.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
      at System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
      at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
      at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
      at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
      at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
      at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensions()    0.0093759    0.000224

could someone help me please to resolve the problem thx

• eddy 43 posts 64 karma points
    Dec 13, 2010 @ 10:15
    eddy

Hi James,

Your error message shows that the UComment.dll file cannot be found. I would check the path here:

C:\HostingSpaces\sosociet\sosociety.com\wwwroot\bin\bin\UComment.dll

My guess is that you do not have two folders called 'bin'. 

Eddy

• Thijs Kuipers 43 posts 66 karma points
    Dec 13, 2010 @ 16:44
    Thijs Kuipers

You probably need to change (in xsltExtensions.config) this:

<ext assembly="\bin\UComment" type="UComment.XSLTLibrary" alias="UCommentLibrary"> 

to:

<ext assembly="UComment" type="UComment.XSLTLibrary" alias="UCommentLibrary"> 

Because this error message: "Could not load assembly C:\HostingSpaces\sosociet\sosociety.com\wwwroot\bin\bin\UComment.dll" tries to find the assembly in ~\bin\bin where it probably isn't.

• Pete 213 posts 285 karma points
    Aug 22, 2012 @ 17:28
    Pete

Hey all.

I've been trying to get the UComment package going, and have fixed a few things already to get it sort of going.

I'm getting the error: Could not load type UComment.XSLTLibrary and can't find the dll. The path mysite/bin/UComment.dll is correct and the dll is in there, but I still get the error. I have this in the XLST config:

<ext assembly="UComment" type="UComment.XSLTLibrary" alias="UCommentLibrary">

Is there anything else to check for?

Peter

• Frederik T 234 posts 345 karma points
    Sep 10, 2012 @ 12:58
    Frederik T

Just want to bump this, because i am having the same error as Pete above this post. I am in the process of upgrading umbraco, and when i reached version 4.7.0 i of course updated ucomment to v1.2. But now it wont work, producing the same error as above, even though the file is right there, and the xsltextension.config is correct. Very odd indeed.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft