Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• kashif 18 posts 38 karma points
    Nov 18, 2010 @ 21:14
    kashif

XSLT Editor or Caching Issue ?

This happening today and previously it was working fine. I have checked it in different browser then it's same.

Problem:

Whenever i tried to change the exisitng XSLT file then XSLT Saved message appears. Then i navigate away to other pages then came back to the again to that page which i have saved then XSLT Editor won't show me the last changed which i applied. Actually what going on is that XSLT saved the file in background but the changes won't show in the editor. I have checked it by going to the Umbraco Installation folder under "\XSLT" that my XSLT was actually successfully saved but the editor still shows the old XSLT. There is only single session which i am using. Also i have checked it in another browser. Then i did one thing that i have stop the iis service, clear browser cache and temporary files, then the problem solved temporary, then again it came back. It's very tedious. Even i have rollback all the changes which i have done. But the problem is still present.

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Nov 21, 2010 @ 23:35
    Kim Andersen

Hi Kashif

This sounds weird, when the file is actually saved succesfully. Which version of Umbraco are you using?

I know this is not a solution, but what happens if you log out and logs in again? Or if you close the browser window and opens it again?

/Kim A

Nov 25, 2010 @ 14:45
    kashif

Hi kim,

Sorry for the late reply. I am using Umbraco 4.5.2. If i log out and log back in then still i got the old xslt. Then if i remove the cache and click on page node again then it take the correct xslt. This has been check in other browsers as well.

Nov 25, 2010 @ 14:46
    kashif

Hi kim,

Sorry for the late reply. I am using Umbraco 4.5.2. If i log out and log back in then still i got the old xslt. Then if i remove the cache and click on page node again then it shows the correct xslt. This has been check in other browsers as well.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft