Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Jukka-Pekka Keisala 79 posts 203 karma points
    Dec 01, 2010 @ 08:21
    Jukka-Pekka Keisala
    0

    RTE Macros works in Master but not in XSLT

    When I add a field to Master file directly, macros work. If I put field to XSLT macro comes out as plain text. 

    Is this normal behavior?

     

  • Jan Skovgaard 11264 posts 23593 karma points MVP 9x admin c-trib
    Dec 19, 2010 @ 12:48
    Jan Skovgaard
    0

    Hi Jukka

    Have you tried to render the macroes using the umbraco.library:RenderMacrocontent() extension?

    Or am I missing something?

    /Jan

  • Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Dec 19, 2010 @ 14:44
    Kim Andersen
    0

    Hi Jukka

    The scenario that you escribe sounds a lot like you are trying to render the content from the RTE using a <xsl:value-of ... />. This will not work when you want to render a macro through the editor. When you want to render a macro, from inside a XSLT-file, you need to use one of the two following extensions:

    umbraco.library:RenderMacroContent()

    umbraco.library:Item()

    If you use the umbraco.library:Item extension you'll get the benefit that you can edit the field in canvas mode the same way that if the field was rendered through an umbraco:item field in a template.

    /Kim A

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft