Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• psiho 101 posts 96 karma points
    Dec 02, 2010 @ 12:10
    psiho

macro cache problem - error message cashed randomly

I'm having issues with macro caching on a new site we set up on Umbraco 4.5.2. We use quite a few macros and most of them are cached site-wide for long period of time, like main navigation macro. What hapends is that every now and then I get XSLT error in place of macro output. That error remains until we clear cache (publish something). It happened twice in last two weeks on 2 different macros.

I don't know where to begin with investigate this. Problem is that it is live site and i cannot leave it with error too long so I republish ASAP and have only 10 minutes to try and debug something.

• Max Edwards 26 posts 50 karma points
    Feb 14, 2011 @ 13:33
    Max Edwards

I have a very similar problem with .Net usercontrol macro cache. About once a day the page with the macro on will return a server error complaining that it's controls are not contained within a form runat="server". I have a form runat="server" in my masterpage not in the control so I find this very confusing. No error in the log apart from the page error.

The problem seems to clear itself sometimes immediately but most times in an hour which is how long the cache is set to. A restart of the app pool fixes it immediately. The macro is on many pages but the one where this happens most is where the output of the macro is the biggest.

psiho, did you find out what was causing your problem?

• psiho 101 posts 96 karma points
    Feb 23, 2011 @ 22:48
    psiho

I'm not sure if I solved the problem or bypassed the problem. Anyway, I discovered my error in caching configuration. I was caching macro that renders main navigation and I cached it site-wide. What I was firgetting is that macro output is not exactly the same for every page on the site (currently selected page has different style applied and some other small details). So I changed caching of this macro to cach it by page... after that my problem disappeared.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft