Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• kukuwka 75 posts 96 karma points
    Dec 12, 2010 @ 15:15
    kukuwka

Tree Multi picker and user permissions

Hi,

I created new user(editor) and marked which part of content will be opened for him.

In places that I use Tree Multi picker datatype ,the editor user sees only first node of tree and only  media folder(if this is Media Tree Multi picker ).

How can I set up to him to see all content and all media?

Thanks,

kukuwka

• Sascha Wolter 615 posts 1101 karma points
    Dec 13, 2010 @ 06:05
    Sascha Wolter

Double post: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/xslt/15514-Tree-Multi-picker-and-user-permissions

The permissions of the user will probably not be refleced in the Tree Multi picker as the user will be able to reference these nodes but not edit them (which is okay I think). In other words: the user should see the complete tree either way. Does the behaviour change when you give the user more permissions (aka remove the node restrictions)?

Dec 13, 2010 @ 11:04
    kukuwka

No,I t doesn't change behaivior although I gave to user more permissions :(

• Sascha Wolter 615 posts 1101 karma points
    Dec 14, 2010 @ 00:40
    Sascha Wolter

Hm, then I guess that isn't the problem here. I assume when you log in as administrator everything works fine with the control?

You could add another user and try to see how it works for that one. Or add another test Tree Multipicker datatype (using a different setup), put it on a document type and see how that works.

If this is the Tree Multipicker from the uComponents you might want to upgrade to version 2 which has just been released (back up your installation beforehand though!).

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5270 karma points MVP 2x
    Dec 14, 2010 @ 01:37
    Shannon Deminick

The multi-node tree picker respects the same security as the regular tree, if it didn't there would be many problems/complaints.

Given the following tree:

- root
    -- node 1
    ---- node 2
    ----- node 4
    ----- node 5
    -- node 3

And you've assigned a user (in the user permissions area) a start node id for "node 2"

and in the MNTP pre value editor, you've assigned a start node id for "node 1"

When the user tries to use the picker, they won't be able to see node 1 since they are actually not allowed

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5270 karma points MVP 2x
    Dec 14, 2010 @ 01:37
    Shannon Deminick

Just realized!... are you talking about the uComponents Multi node tree picker? or the OLD tree multi picker?

Dec 14, 2010 @ 08:43
    kukuwka

Hi,

I use old tree multi picker.If I  log in as administrator everything works fine, but it doesn't work for users with another user types .

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft