Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomas 18 posts 39 karma points
    Jan 24, 2011 @ 15:41
    Thomas

Issue with umbraco.library:NiceUrl in umbraco v 4.5.2

Afternoon, I wonder if anyone can help me with a problem I've been trying to solve for months?

I upgraded to umbraco v 4.5.2 and ever since the following XSLT has failed to work correctly.  I can no longer get the href="" value to appear.

If I remove the href attribute all together the rest of the Macro renders fine.

Please can anyone provide any insight as to what I've missed & how to fix it?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [ <!ENTITY nbsp "&#x00A0;"> ]>
    <xsl:stylesheet
        version="1.0"
        xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
        xmlns:msxml="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"
        xmlns:umbraco.library="urn:umbraco.library" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltCommon="urn:Exslt.ExsltCommon" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes="urn:Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltMath="urn:Exslt.ExsltMath" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions="urn:Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltStrings="urn:Exslt.ExsltStrings" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltSets="urn:Exslt.ExsltSets"
        exclude-result-prefixes="msxml umbraco.library Exslt.ExsltCommon Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes Exslt.ExsltMath Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions Exslt.ExsltStrings Exslt.ExsltSets ">
      <xsl:output method="xml" omit-xml-declaration="yes"/>
      <xsl:param name="currentPage"/>
          <xsl:param name="landingPageProductLink" select="/macro/landingPageProductLink"/>
      <xsl:param name="landingPageProductThumbnail" select="/macro/landingPageProductThumbnail/node"/>
      <xsl:param name="landingPageProductTitle" select="/macro/landingPageProductTitle"/>
      <xsl:param name="landingPageProductText" select="/macro/landingPageProductText"/>
      <xsl:template match="/">
        <xsl:if test="$landingPageProductLink != ''">
          <xsl:element name="a">
            <xsl:attribute name="class">
              <xsl:text>landing-page-product</xsl:text>
            </xsl:attribute>       
                  <xsl:attribute name="href">
                      <xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:NiceUrl($landingPageProductLink)"/>
                  <xsl:element name="img">
                          <xsl:attribute name="width">           
                      <xsl:text>102</xsl:text>               
                        <xsl:attribute name="height">
                      <xsl:text>66</xsl:text>               
              <xsl:attribute name="src">
                       <xsl:value-of select="$landingPageProductThumbnail/data[@alias='umbracoFile']"/>
                </xsl:element>
                    <xsl:element name="p">
                    <strong><xsl:value-of select="string($landingPageProductTitle)"/></strong>
                    <br/>
                    <xsl:value-of select="string($landingPageProductText)"/>
          </xsl:if>
      </xsl:template>
    </xsl:stylesheet>

Regards,

Tom

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jan 24, 2011 @ 18:42
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Thomas

How is it not working anymore? Do you have trouble saving the XSLT in the umbraco editor or does it just fail on the website?

/Jan

Jan 25, 2011 @ 10:54
    Thomas

Hi Jan,

Saving the XSLT within umbraco is not a problem, the editor doesn't flag any problems.  The macro only now fails on the website, showing the following error:

---

Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\[landing-page-product].xslt   Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\[landing-page-product].xslt   Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\[landing-page-product].xslt   Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\[landing-page-product].xslt  

---

Removing the following from the full macro above will enable the macro to render correctly, but obviously exclusing the href="" value.

<xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:NiceUrl($landingPageProductLink)"/>

Regards,

Tom

• Tom Maton 387 posts 660 karma points
    Jan 25, 2011 @ 16:31
    Tom Maton

Hi Tom,

for the landingPageProductLink what's the marco parameter type?

Tom

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Jan 25, 2011 @ 19:28
    Kim Andersen

Hi Thomas

Does the $landingPageProductLink contain a nodeId or a textstring with a URL in it?

If you are using a textstring to write in a URL in the landingPageProductLink-parametre, then you shall not use the NiceUrl-extension, but just do like this:

<xsl:value-of select="$landingPageProductLink"/>

/Kim A

Jan 26, 2011 @ 14:39
    Thomas

Hi,

Thanks for your responses,

"landingPageProductLink" has the parameter type of "contentPicker".

Regards,

Tom

Jan 26, 2011 @ 14:43
    Thomas

Hi Kim A,

I tried the code you suggested:

---

<xsl:value-of select="$landingPageProductLink"/>

---

That actually returned a link to the node in the content tree: 

http://my.domain.com/umbraco/dialogs/treepicker.aspx?rnd=7a022944bc7a4252b5eaf29651f57a00&id=-1&treeType=content&contextMenu=true&isDialog=false&app=content

Any ideas please?

Regards,

Tom

Jan 26, 2011 @ 15:10
    Kim Andersen

Hi Thomas

Can you try printing out what the $landingPageProductLink contains like this:

<textarea>
    <xsl:value-of select="$landingPageProductLink" />
    </textarea>

In the top of your template. Just to make sure that the variable actually contains a nodeId.

/Kim A

Jan 26, 2011 @ 15:31
    Thomas

Hi Kim A,

I Get the following written out on the page when using you're code.

(There are four instances on the page, each seems to have a unique identifier).

/umbraco/dialogs/treepicker.aspx?rnd=5c4477a2c3e3488c8ec1832810ceb584&id=-1&treeType=content&contextMenu=true&isDialog=false&app=content

/umbraco/dialogs/treepicker.aspx?rnd=7a022944bc7a4252b5eaf29651f57a00&id=-1&treeType=content&contextMenu=true&isDialog=false&app=content

/umbraco/dialogs/treepicker.aspx?rnd=87362c05e84d4b708618d8ac09ab8119&id=-1&treeType=content&contextMenu=true&isDialog=false&app=content

/umbraco/dialogs/treepicker.aspx?rnd=1bc117652a624780a10a1fb92aff5ab6&id=-1&treeType=content&contextMenu=true&isDialog=false&app=content

Thanks,

Tom

Jan 26, 2011 @ 19:36
    Kim Andersen

Hmm...that's pretty weird.

So the macro called landingPageProductLink is a contentPicker right? And you have choosen a node in the content tree when you inserted the macro?

Are you inserting the macro in a template, in a richtext editor or in a macro container?

/Kim A

Jan 27, 2011 @ 00:43
    Thomas

hi Kim A,

The macro "[landing-page-product]" has an alias "landingPageProductLink" of the type "contentPicker".

The user would have selected a node from the content tree to create the link.  (All was working fine till upgrading to umbraco v 4.5.2, but now this macro no longer works).

The macro is XSLT but uses the "macro picker" plugin http://macropicker.codeplex.com/ to insert multiples of the same macro into the template.

Regards,

Tom

Jan 27, 2011 @ 08:59
    Kim Andersen

Hey Thomas

Maybe you should try using the build-in Macro Container data type instead as the macropicker isn't compatible with v4.5+ yet as far as I know.

/Kim A

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft