Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris 110 posts 21 karma points
    Jan 26, 2009 @ 09:48
    Chris

how to import csv

Hi all!
    I have to import a csv file into umbraco and use the imported data on a umbraco site. The problem I have is that I have no clue how to do this......Can someone point me in the right direction how to accomplish this?? Perhaps there is a package (that would be nice... :) ) which can import data from csv into the umbraco system??
    greetings,
    Chris

• Richard Soeteman 4036 posts 12864 karma points MVP
    Jan 26, 2009 @ 10:19
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Chris If you are using V4 you can use a package that I have created called umbImport You can find more info and a video here

Cheers,

Richard

Jan 26, 2009 @ 11:06
    Chris

Hi Richard,
    Thank you very much for pointing me to that package =d> . I will try it later this morning!!
    greetings,
    Chris

Jan 26, 2009 @ 11:27
    Richard Soeteman

Okay,

Pleas let me know if you have any issues. Any chance attending the Usergroup meeting on February 21st? Still a few seats left.

Richard

Jan 26, 2009 @ 11:42
    Chris

Hi Richard,
    Just saw the meeting on your website and I think I'm coming...I'll first have to ask my wife how our planning is and if it's possible I will come. Looking forward to meet other Umbraco-holics and it is very nearby!
    I think my boss will also appreciate it!
    greetings,
    Chris

p.s. didn't look for it yet but what time is the meeting??

Jan 26, 2009 @ 11:45
    Chris

damn.........just saw it's already starting at 9:30........I know my oldest child has to play soccer then and I'm the trainer of the team....so probarly I can't come............](*,)

Jan 26, 2009 @ 12:10
    Richard Soeteman

Well If you can make it an hour (or 2) later it's fine by me..

Cheers,

Richard

Jan 26, 2009 @ 12:30
    Chris

I've just fild in the form for coming to the meeting, see you then!
    greetings,
    Chris

• dideDillarl 0 posts 20 karma points
    Jun 24, 2009 @ 11:07
    dideDillarl

Serverfejl i programmet '/'.

The file '/usercontrols/UmbImportControls/UmbImportInstaller.ascx' does not exist.

Beskrivelse: Der opstod en undtagelse, der ikke blev behandlet, under udførelse af den aktuelle webanmodning. Se staksporingen for at få yderligere oplysninger om fejlen, og hvor den kom fra i koden.

Detaljer om undtagelse: System.Web.HttpException: The file '/usercontrols/UmbImportControls/UmbImportInstaller.ascx' does not exist.

Kildefejl:

Der blev oprettet en undtagelse, der ikke blev behandlet,  under kørsel af den aktuelle webanmodning. Du kan finde oplysninger om undtagelsens oprindelse og placering ved hjælp af nedenstående staksporing af undtagelser.

Staksporing:

[HttpException (0x80004005): The file '/usercontrols/UmbImportControls/UmbImportInstaller.ascx' does not exist.]
       System.Web.UI.Util.CheckVirtualFileExists(VirtualPath virtualPath) +8732797
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) +113
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) +101
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResult(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) +83
       System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(VirtualPath virtualPath) +48
       System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(String virtualPath) +26
       umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.processInstall(String currentStep) +460
       umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +334
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
       umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +15
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

Versionsoplysninger: Microsoft .NET Framework version:2.0.50727.3082; ASP.NET version:2.0.50727.3082

• dalton 14 posts 34 karma points
    Jun 24, 2009 @ 11:12
    dalton

Hi,

It would be nice to have some more description So I can actually help you with the solution. I think you are using a very old umbImport package. The UmbImportInstaller is no longer in the package Since I'm Using Package Actions now. I think you need to uninstall the package and use the one on http://umbimport.soetemansoftware.nl

Hope it helps you,

Richard

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft