Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Clarke 22 posts 43 karma points
    Feb 23, 2011 @ 08:54
    Chris Clarke

Notifications Dashboard Refinement

I've been looking at the Notifications Dashboard package at http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/notifications-dashboard and what I see is good but doesn't go quite far enough.

When an editor user logs into the Umbraco I'd like to give them a list of web pages awaiting publishing approval that they're responsible for.

Then when an admin user logs in I'd like to show a list of editor users and the web pages awaiting publishing approval they're responsible for.

How can I determine who's on the Notifications list for a specified web page in terms of XSLT ?

I appreciate the help.

• Chris Houston 535 posts 980 karma points MVP admin c-trib
    Mar 07, 2011 @ 00:15
    Chris Houston

Hi Chris,

I think you would need to do a SQL query to determined this, I agree this would be really useful functionality and in fact a client of mine has just asked the same question, hence I can across your post, so maybe one of us will need to create this :)

Cheers,

Chris

Mar 07, 2011 @ 03:32
    Chris Clarke

Hi,

I did manage to achieve what I was proposing by amending the Notifications Dashboard source.

When the project manager (admin user) enters Umbraco she can see all the pages awaiting publication and who was notified they needed approval.

When an edit user logs in they only see the pages awaiting publication that they're responsible for.

Post your email address & I'll zip up and set you the changed code, you may think this is generous but part of it is sympathy for your have to work in Reading.

• Chris Houston 535 posts 980 karma points MVP admin c-trib
    Mar 07, 2011 @ 03:43
    Chris Houston

lol.. thanks Chris.

For the record I actually like living and working in Reading, it's changed a lot over the last 10 years and I think with a good bunch of friends and lots to do, its a lot better than quite a lot of other places around the UK I can think of, that being said, I don't think I'll be here all my life.

You can email me on [email protected]

Cheers,

Chris

• Chris 69 posts 75 karma points
    Apr 05, 2011 @ 11:43
    Chris

Hi Chris and Chris,

I'm also interested in this modification of the source code. If any of you guys could email me, that would be great! (chris -at- lucismedia -dot- com).

Thanks in advance!

Another Chris :)

• Connie DeCinko 931 posts 1160 karma points
    Apr 06, 2011 @ 21:19
    Connie DeCinko

Same here.  Perhaps you could upload your code?

Apr 06, 2011 @ 22:43
    Chris Clarke

I've got the example code in a .zip file, how do I upload it ?

• Connie DeCinko 931 posts 1160 karma points
    Apr 18, 2011 @ 17:22
    Connie DeCinko

Chris, did you figure out how to upload it?

Or please email it to connie-dot-decinko-at-staff-dot-azbar-dot-org

• Dallas 132 posts 404 karma points
    Aug 05, 2012 @ 20:45
    Dallas

Hi

These changes to the Notification Dashboard make a lot of sense for some sites. Chris, how would you feel about making the changes available on codeplex?

Dave Forster has also documented the changes he made to get the dashboard working in 4.7.2, so those changes could be merged in also so we have an up to date dashboard.

Thanks

Dallas

• Sunshine Lewis 31 posts 140 karma points c-trib
    Feb 19, 2015 @ 17:32
    Sunshine Lewis

Hi @Chris Clarke, Did you ever figure out how to upload or share your code? I'm looking to create or modify a notifications dashboard for 7.2.

Feb 19, 2015 @ 20:18
    Chris Clarke

No, I'm afraid not and I've no idea where to look for the source now - sorry.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft