Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tony Kiernan 278 posts 341 karma points
    Mar 09, 2011 @ 11:45
    Tony Kiernan

404 on node name?

Two nodes in my site (called Jobs and Training) are returning a 404 error.  If I rename them (eg 'Training2') they work fine.  If I create another node with either of those two names, I get the same error.

That can't be right.  Any ideas?

• Ove Andersen 435 posts 1541 karma points c-trib
    Mar 09, 2011 @ 12:50
    Ove Andersen

Have you tried to republish the entire site?

• Sascha Wolter 615 posts 1101 karma points
    Mar 09, 2011 @ 13:54
    Sascha Wolter

Any custom UrlRewriting going on in /config/UrlRewriting.config or in IIS (if you are using IIS)?

Have you tried trying to do a trace on your network connections to see if something else wasn't found?

• Tony Kiernan 278 posts 341 karma points
    Mar 09, 2011 @ 14:33
    Tony Kiernan

Yup republished the entire site several times.  Preview works.  The node url (eg 1111.aspx) works.  It's just these two links.  Are those reserved names?

Wouldn't know where to start doing a trace on the network, but assume if I can see the page using other urls that everything's there.

• Sascha Wolter 615 posts 1101 karma points
    Mar 10, 2011 @ 01:01
    Sascha Wolter

Hi Tony,

those two names are definitely not reserved. You can do a trace on what your page is doing with regards to network traffice by opening the developer tools in your preferred browser (I think all of them have that by now, FireBug for Firefox for instance), select the 'Network' tab and reload the page. You should then see a list of requests, e.g. if your page has an image on it that will be one call as well. My hope would be that you see something strange there, like it originally requests 'training' but the url actually giving the error is another one. Just a guess though.

Cheers,

Sascha

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft