Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Christian Liebe-Harkort 56 posts 104 karma points
    Mar 14, 2011 @ 17:01
    Christian Liebe-Harkort
    0

    All of a sudden all XSLT Makros throw an error

    Hi,

    all of a sudden all XSLT Makros throw an error.

    when I visualize the XSLT Macros in the backend the error is:

    System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: key at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2..ctor(IDictionary`2 dictionary, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer) at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensions() at umbraco.macro.AddMacroXsltExtensions() at umbraco.macro.GetXsltTransformResult(XmlDocument macroXML, XslCompiledTransform xslt, Dictionary`2 parameters) at umbraco.presentation.umbraco.developer.Xslt.xsltVisualize.visualizeDo_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

    What can I do to get this fixed?

    Thanks

    Christian

  • Jan Skovgaard 11242 posts 23390 karma points MVP 6x admin c-trib
    Mar 14, 2011 @ 17:10
    Jan Skovgaard
    0

    Hi Christian

    Have there been made any changes to your installation lately? Perhaps installed a new package or something like that?

    What does the content of your XSLT file look like?

    /Jan

  • Christian Liebe-Harkort 56 posts 104 karma points
    Mar 14, 2011 @ 17:16
    Christian Liebe-Harkort
    0

    HI Jan,

    no there have been no changes to the configuration nor installation of packages or something like that.

    The XSLTs are nothing special topnavigation and stuff like that.

    The last thing that was done is (probably) adding some content. What I really find strange is that ALL Makros throw that error.

    I tried to republish the entire site. No help.

    /christian

  • Christian Liebe-Harkort 56 posts 104 karma points
    Mar 14, 2011 @ 17:30
    Christian Liebe-Harkort
    0

    Hi Jan,

    I restarted the website in IIS, now everything is working as expected! phew;)

    Anyway would be nice to know what the reason for that was.

    thanks

    Christian

  • Jan Skovgaard 11242 posts 23390 karma points MVP 6x admin c-trib
    Mar 14, 2011 @ 17:31
    Jan Skovgaard
    0

    Hi Christian

    Happy to hear that.

    Perhaps you should try having a look at the log to see if something weird is going on? (I prefer using the log manager package).

    /Jan

  • Tim 45 posts 66 karma points
    Oct 04, 2011 @ 15:23
    Tim
    0

    I've had the same problem.

    Maybe someone in the Umbraco Team could have a look at this? doesnt seem to be an isolated case.

  • Jesper Hauge 298 posts 486 karma points c-trib
    Oct 04, 2011 @ 16:06
    Jesper Hauge
    0

    Hi Tim,

    I've seen something like this on a site today as well, and solved the problem by using "Republish entire site" from the Umbraco backend.

    This behaviour is often seen when the physical server site is residing on has been restarted, and the database server on the machine isn't starting as fast as the webserver on the machine when it comes back up.

    As you might know today is the first tuesday of the month, the day microsoft ships the lates security updates, so my guess is that your server has been automatically updated and restarted (as this is the default configuration for Win2008R2 servers), and that your site was hit by a request before the database came back up. I know that was what happened in my clients case.

    I myself have a server where I host some selected customers websites, and have disabled automatic installation of security updates and the following restart of the server, precisely for this reason. I usually login on my server and apply the security updates manually each first tuesday of the month. Restart the server and then check if all sites are running manually.

    If you have RDP access to the server, you could try adding the SQL Service as a dependency on the IIS service (W3SVC), it can be done from an elevated command prompt with the following command:

    sc config W3SVC depend= WAS/HTTP/MSSQL$SQLEXPRESS

    If  you try this be aware that the depend parameter HAS to be written with no space before the equals sign and one space after the equals sign. Also be aware that you have to pass all the services the W3SVC depends on when you run the command since it doesn't add to the existing list of dependencies, but resets the list instead. The service depends on WAS and HTTP so you need to add those services before the SQL Server Service. "MSSQL$SQLEXPRESS" is the default name of the SQL Server Express service.

    Regards
    Jesper Hauge 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft