Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• AntonioMX 58 posts 57 karma points
    Mar 28, 2011 @ 17:31
    AntonioMX

IE7 rendering html differently

Hey guys, I have been having a weird problem with IE7 (surprise!), check this screen from FF3

This is from the Blog4Umbraco package, it creates the blog-item divs as children of the content div. So far so good, but with IE7, this is what happens (according to firebug lite)

The hml is rendered differently and of course disturbing everything up. It had happened before and I had to re-write the xslt, but with Blog4Umbraco I had to stop my horses. Any ideas?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 28, 2011 @ 17:48
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi AntonioMX

It's not alway you can rely on firebug I think. It does not make sense that the DOM looks different in one browser and not another browser.

Does the HTML source look ok when you use "view source"? And what is the problem on the rendered page visually? Maybe there is an unclosed element somewhere that makes the other elements collapse or something like that?

/Jan

• AntonioMX 58 posts 57 karma points
    Mar 28, 2011 @ 18:22
    AntonioMX

Yeah, it was something like that, I am circumscribing the bodyText length to a certain ammount as a teaser of the blog item in front page, it turns out that it was chopping a <p> tag right in the middle so it was causing havoc, I changed the ammount that that did it. thanks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft