Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ralph van Vugt 57 posts 101 karma points
    Apr 09, 2011 @ 09:43
    Ralph van Vugt

Making multiple XSLT's or combine them

Maybe the topictitle is a bit mysterious, but I'll try to explain.

I'm setting up a multi-site installation in which all different sites use shared content. The shared content is stored in a hidden site. Site-nodes get almost all their data from nodes in the shared content section using the uComponents multi-treepicker, like technical data, images and downloads. That part works like a charm!

But what is the most sensible thing to do? Write one giant XSLT for the complete site-node or break it up into seperate XSLT's for the data, images and download? And what consequences does it have on performance?

Thanks!

Ralph

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Apr 09, 2011 @ 11:17
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Ralph,

You can indeed get good separation using multiple XSLT files - I've written a couple of articles on the topic, on pimpmyxslt.com.

I'd say you won't notice anything with regards to performance in doing so - an XSLT stylesheet gets "compiled" after the included stylesheets have been loaded, so after that it's the same as one giant file - changes to the included files won't be recompiled until you save/touch the master file (which is why you should check out the XSLTouch package).

/Chriztian

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft