Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sam 184 posts 209 karma points
    Apr 13, 2011 @ 22:36
    Sam

XSLT error after upgrade

Hi everyone,

I have upgraded to version 4.7 from 4.6 and none of my xslt works now.

ie Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\mainNav.xslt

Legacy schema is set to false so I don't know why it wouldn't work.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance :)

Sam.

Apr 13, 2011 @ 22:38
    Sam

Just noticed I can't create a macro either, I get server error in the little pop up window...

Sam.

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Apr 13, 2011 @ 22:40
    Tom Fulton

Hi Sam,

Do you get an error when saving the XSLT also?

There are a few of DLL files you need to remove when upgrading from 4.6 to 4.7, they are listed on the Codeplex page.  Not removing them will prevent you from saving XSLT files (as I've found out the hard way!). 

I think there also might be one or two that are not listed on the codeplex page (umbraco.MacroEngines.Legacy.dll comes to mind).  Best bet might be to compare the list of DLLs included in the 4.7 download to yours and remove ones that don't belong (minus any third party ones you've added yourself or via packages).  Also when you save the XSLT it might give you a better error that might help you track down which DLL needs to be removed.

-Tom

Apr 13, 2011 @ 23:22
    Sam

Actually, I do get an error:

Error occured

System.Exception: Unable to load one or more of the types in assembly 'umbraco.MacroEngines.Legacy, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Exceptions were thrown:
    System.TypeLoadException: Method 'get_SupportedExtensions' in type 'umbraco.MacroEngines.Legacy.DLRScriptingEngine' from assembly 'umbraco.MacroEngines.Legacy, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.
    at umbraco.BusinessLogic.Utils.TypeFinder.FindClassesMarkedWithAttribute(Assembly assembly, Type attribute)
    at umbraco.BusinessLogic.Utils.TypeFinder.FindClassesMarkedWithAttribute(Type attribute)
    at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensionsImpl()
    at umbraco.macro.b__4()
    at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.cache.Cache.GetCacheItem[TT](String cacheKey, Object syncLock, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback refreshAction, CacheDependency cacheDependency, TimeSpan timeout, GetCacheItemDelegate`1 getCacheItem)
    at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensions()
    at umbraco.macro.AddMacroXsltExtensions()
    at umbraco.presentation.webservices.codeEditorSave.SaveXslt(String fileName, String oldName, String fileContents, Boolean ignoreDebugging)

Thanks Tom, I'll check this out tomorrow :)

Sam.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 13, 2011 @ 23:27
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sam

If the above suggestions from Tom does not solve your issue then try to have a look at the xsltExtensions.config to see if you're missing an assembly reference to some extensions perhaps.

/Jan

Apr 14, 2011 @ 19:20
    Sam

Congratulations by the way Jan for your nomination. You've helped me a lot and I appreciate it very much.

ps I am stuck on what my error actually means, but I will try and solve this for mine and other peoples' future reference.

Sam.

Apr 14, 2011 @ 19:42
    Sam

Solved by uploading only the bin files from 4.7 download and then adding my own custom dll (imagegen, gecko uploadify) files :)

Sam.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft