Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Owen Hope 119 posts 140 karma points
    May 06, 2011 @ 01:29
    Owen Hope

Get Property from Home Node, use it on Content Page

Hello,

I am trying to get some values from my "Home Node" properties.

On everypage there is a sidebar, and I need to set up some video attributes based on some properties set on the home node. The home node is a different document type than that of the content pages (with sidebar).

I wrote a XSLT file to get the values and pass them to my template on which they will be used in another macro to render the videos.

Here is what I have done so far.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [ <!ENTITY nbsp "&#x00A0;"> ]>
    <xsl:stylesheet
    version="1.0"
    xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
    xmlns:msxml="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"
    xmlns:umbraco.library="urn:umbraco.library" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltCommon="urn:Exslt.ExsltCommon" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes="urn:Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltMath="urn:Exslt.ExsltMath" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions="urn:Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltStrings="urn:Exslt.ExsltStrings" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltSets="urn:Exslt.ExsltSets"
    exclude-result-prefixes="msxml umbraco.library Exslt.ExsltCommon Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes Exslt.ExsltMath Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions Exslt.ExsltStrings Exslt.ExsltSets ">

<xsl:output method="xml" omit-xml-declaration="yes"/>

<xsl:param name="currentPage"/>

<xsl:template match="/">
    <xsl:variable name="homeNode" select="umbraco.library:GetXmlNodeById(2986)"/>
    <xsl:value-of select="$homeNode/video1NodeID" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
    </xsl:template>

Now 2986 is the Home Node.

video1NodeID is a string value of the "VideoNode"

On my template I currently have

<umbraco:Macro Alias="GetVideo1" runat="server"></umbraco:Macro>

<div class="callout">
    <h3>ensemble videos</h3>
    <ul>
    <li>
    <!-- here is where i need to get the value of the "GetVideo1" macro and pass it into this macro where VideoID is.-->
    <umbraco:Macro VideoID="" VideoThumbnailURL="" Alias="HomepageGallery" runat="server"></umbraco:Macro>
    </li>
    </ul>
    <a href="/video-galleries" title="view more ensemble videos">view more videos &raquo;</a>

I am fairly stuck and kinda new to XSLT.

Current version is 4.0.2.1

Thanks,

Owen

• Sean Holmesby 61 posts 82 karma points
    May 06, 2011 @ 03:28
    Sean Holmesby

Hi Owen,

Instead of passing the value of one macro to another through a template, is it possible to just use that code within the 'HomepageGallery' macro?

What is the HomepageGallery macro? An xslt, ascx, or other?

- Sean

• Pasang Tamang 258 posts 458 karma points
    May 06, 2011 @ 03:45
    Pasang Tamang

Hi Owen

To get the home node you can do like this <xsl:variable name="homeNode" select="$currentPage/ancesor-or-self::node [@level=1]"/>  and try moving  this line <umbraco:Macro Alias="GetVideo1" runat="server"></umbraco:Macro> within the li block.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Pnima

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft