Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Greyhound 102 posts 124 karma points
    May 12, 2011 @ 13:54
    Greyhound

Multiple parameters in xlst select

Hi,

I'm having a conceptual block which I'm hoping someone may be able to help me with.

I have an sxlt select as follows:

<xsl:for-each select="$currentPage/rightHandImage/DAMP[@fullMedia]/mediaItem/Image">

What I'm trying to do is re-use a macro so that I can substitute the rightHandImage with a number of variables to place images on the page.

If I pass rightHandImages through as a variable then I get a unexpected character error in XSLT as follows:

<xsl:for-each select="$currentPage/$imageLocation/DAMP[@fullMedia]/mediaItem/Image">

How should I be preparing my select so that it selects 2 variables?

Thanks in advance.

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    May 12, 2011 @ 14:11
    Tom Fulton

Hi,

You can achieve this like so:

<xsl:for-each select="$currentPage/* [not(@isDoc)][local-name() = $imageLocation]/DAMP[@fullMedia]/mediaItem/Image">

assuming $imageLocation is a string with the alias of the field you are looking for

Hope this helps,
    Tom

• Greyhound 102 posts 124 karma points
    May 12, 2011 @ 14:32
    Greyhound

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the code, this works perfectly. I am assuming tha the * [not(@isDoc)]etc means that I'm telling XSLT that the field I'm trying to collect is not part of the default document rather part of the custom element?

Thanks again.

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    May 12, 2011 @ 14:35
    Tom Fulton

Exactly.  The isDoc attribute appears in the schema on all Document Type nodes to indicate it's a document.  Custom properties don't have it.  Ex:

<NewsArea id="1053" ..... isDoc="">
      <pageHeadline>...</pageHeadline>
      <bodyText>..</bodyText>
      <NewsItem id="1054" .... isDoc="">
        <newsDate>...</newsDate>
      </NewsItem>
    </NewsArea >

So to make sure you only retrieve properties in your select statement, you add not(@isDoc)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft