Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Jun 02, 2011 @ 09:10
    Fuji Kusaka

SiteMap XSLT

Hi Guys,

I have some issues with displaying some of the nodes in my site map. Actually i have some nodes which are hidden in my Navigation and so making use of the umbraco Property umbracoNaviHide, but I managed to make those links visible in my sitemap.

However I have some nodes in a folder in my content root which needs to be visible in the sitemap. Here is the piece of code am using with the following structure

<xsl:variable name="maxLevelForSitemap" select="4"/>

<xsl:template match="/">
    <div class="siteText">
      <xsl:call-template name="drawNodes">  
        <xsl:with-param name="parent" select="$currentPage/ancestor-or-self::* [@isDoc and @level=1]"/>  
      </xsl:call-template>
    </div>
    </xsl:template>

<xsl:template name="drawNodes">
    <xsl:param name="parent"/>
      <!-- Testing for protection -->
      <xsl:if test="umbraco.library:IsProtected($parent/@id, $parent/@path) = 0 or (umbraco.library:IsProtected($parent/@id, $parent/@path) = 1 and umbraco.library:IsLoggedOn() = 1)">
    <ul class="sitemap"
      <xsl:for-each select="$parent/* [@isDoc and @level &lt;= $maxLevelForSitemap]">
    <li

<a href="{umbraco.library:NiceUrl(@id)}">
      <xsl:value-of select="@nodeName"/></a>  
      <xsl:if test="count(./* [@isDoc and string(umbracoNaviHide) != '1' and @level &lt;= $maxLevelForSitemap]) &gt; 0">   
          <xsl:with-param name="parent" select="."/>    
      </xsl:if>
    </li>        
    </xsl:for-each>  

</ul>
    </xsl:if>
    </xsl:template>

- Content

--- Page 1

---- Sub Page 1

---- Sub Page 2

---- Sub Page 3

--- Page 2

---- Sub Page 1

---- Sub Page 2

--- Page 3

-- Folder 1

--- Page 1

---- Sub Page 1

---- Sub Page 2

---- Sub Page 3

At the moment i can see the nodes of Folder 1 in my sitemap. Can someone suggest something?

//fuji

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Jun 02, 2011 @ 15:08
    Tom Fulton

Hi Fuji,

If I understand you are only seeing one of the trees?  Either Default or Folder 1?

The issue is probably that your starting xpath query is starting at the first level 1 ancestor, when you should start at the content root if you want all level 1 nodes.  Try this instead:

<xsl:with-param name="parent" select="$currentPage/ancestor::root/* [@isDoc and @level=1]"/> 

Hope this helps,
    -Tom

Jun 02, 2011 @ 19:42
    Fuji Kusaka

Hi Tom,

Yes am only seeing the nodes from Default while what i want is to be able to view bothe Default and Folder 1.

But i do have some other folder in my tree not only Default and Folder 1. My question is how to i get my sitemap to display all nodes under Default and Folder 1 and not to display the nodes from lets say Folder 2 - Folder 5.

//Fuji

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Jun 02, 2011 @ 20:03
    Tom Fulton

Well, since all the nodes are on the same level I think you need a way to distinguish them from each other.  Perhaps an umbracoNaviHide property or a new property "Hide in Sitemap"?

You could then do

<xsl:with-param name="parent" select="$currentPage/ancestor::root/* [@isDoc and @level=1 and string(umbracoNaviHide) != '1']"/>  

Another option would be to start at the content root and only use the first two nodes (Default and Folder1) - assuming they'd always be in that order?

<xsl:with-param name="parent" select="$currentPage/ancestor::root/* [@isDoc and @level=1][position() &lt; 3]"/>  

-Tom

Jun 02, 2011 @ 21:06
    Fuji Kusaka

Actually i removed the umbracoNaviHide since i want to show the hidden links in the sitemap. But will try your suggesiton.

fuji

Jun 03, 2011 @ 11:42
    Fuji Kusaka

Tom it works, thanks mate.

//fuji

• Gus Deadman 45 posts 65 karma points
    Jun 11, 2012 @ 16:36
    Gus Deadman

I tried both "call-template" suggestions and they both crashed IIS. Not sure how but it did everytime.

My workaround was to use the custom property in a different way. I used it to exclude the Site Map itself from the listing on the Site Map page by creating a custom property called (as suggested) hideinSiteMap in the Site Map Document Type and adding a new criterion “and string(hideinSitemap) != '1' ” to the criteria in the XSL “for-each select” statement in the standard Site Map XSLT. I've no idea if this is the best way but the effect was to exclude the chosen page. I also did this for the root of a sub-section of the site and it and the child pages were excluded. So far I haven't discovered any negative effects.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft