Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jacob Jensen 40 posts 60 karma points
    Aug 19, 2011 @ 10:49
    Jacob Jensen

xsl:import requires application restart for changes in imported xslt to display

Hi.

Iam using xsl:import, for reusing my templates.

But if i import a xslt file, and make changes to the imported xslt file, i have to either touch web.config/recykle appPool/restart website for the changes to take effect.

Is there any way i can fix this, my development time is increased to much, if i have to restart the app for each change.

Best regards, n thx in advance

Jacob.

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Aug 19, 2011 @ 10:54
    Dan Diplo

Yeah, that can be a pain. Maybe this package would help you - http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/xsltouch ?

"Automatically "touches" the modified date of any XSLT files that include a child XSLT file when that child is saved. This causes .net's XSLT cacher to refresh both files to ensure that what you see when you next run it is what you expect."

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Aug 19, 2011 @ 10:55
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Dan is right - XSLTouch fixes that exact problem and it is awesome at that. You *can*, however, fix it by saving touching/saving the master XSLT file, but after doing that once or thrice you just don't want to deal with it anymore.

Go go go ! :-)

/Chriztian

• Jacob Jensen 40 posts 60 karma points
    Aug 19, 2011 @ 10:58
    Jacob Jensen

But iam not writing my xslt in umbraco admin, iam using vs2010, the package expects iam using the umbraco admin to edit xslt, right ?

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Aug 19, 2011 @ 11:42
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Jacob,

Not at all - in fact there's a standalone console version if you need it for other .NET projects.

I edit all my XSLT on a MacBook Pro and just hurl 'em to the site via FTP - XSLTouch just works. It's brilliant :-)

/Chriztian 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft