Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• dwarakesh 50 posts 69 karma points
    Aug 30, 2011 @ 07:38
    dwarakesh

Full text search

I installed Xslt full text search .. its working fine.. but i need to apply css for the search text box and button.. dont know how to apply..  is there any way to apply css..

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Aug 30, 2011 @ 08:00
    Fuji Kusaka

Hi,

Yes this is totally possible to do. In your template you can apply css class to your form like this

<input type="text" name="search" class="searchField" value="Search" onFocus="this.value=''"/>
     <input type="image" alt="Search" src="img.png" value="Search" class="searhButton" />

and you can also change the highlighting when you get the results which is the XSLTsearch under settings sections

Aug 30, 2011 @ 08:13
    dwarakesh

Hi

xsltsearch  xslt file having search textbox and button .. i need to apply css on that .. not on the search textbox and button in my template.. sorry if i m not clear..

Aug 30, 2011 @ 08:16
    Fuji Kusaka

Sorry am not sure what you said earlier, where are you applying your css?

Aug 30, 2011 @ 08:35
    dwarakesh

in  XSLTsearch.xslt  

<!-- display search box at the top of the page (the search box is always present even if no search was attempted) -->

<xsl:if test="$searchBoxLocation='TOP' or $searchBoxLocation='BOTH'">

<div class="xsltsearch_form">

<----------  Dont know from which css they are refering Class=input-->

<input name="search" type="text" class="input">

<xsl:attribute name="value">

<xsl:value-of select="$unescapedSearch"/>

</xsl:attribute>

</input>

<xsl:text>&nbsp;</xsl:text>

<----------  Dont know from which css they are refering Class=submit -->

<input type="submit" class="submit">

<xsl:attribute name="value">

<xsl:value-of select="$dictionaryButton-Search"/>

</xsl:attribute>

</input>
    </div>

</xsl:if>

-------------------------------------------------

need to apply  my css class for the above thing..

Aug 30, 2011 @ 09:00
    Fuji Kusaka

Oh so you have 2 Search Box being displayed at the moment right?

In your template where you are calling your macros have you put searchBoxLocation ="None" you should have something like that

<form method="get" action="search.aspx?">
    <umbraco:Macro source="-1" searchFields="@nodeName,bodyText" previewFields="bodyText" searchBoxLocation="None" previewType="Beginning" resultsPerPage="5" previewChars="225" showPageRange="1" showOrdinals="1" showScores="0" showStats="0" Alias="XSLTsearch" runat="server"></umbraco:Macro>
    </form>

Aug 30, 2011 @ 09:07
    dwarakesh

s.. i m displaying search result in a another page  searchresultpage.aspx.. and calling a macro

on this like

<form id="searchresult" runat="server">

<umbraco:Macro source="1256" searchFields="@nodeName,metaKeywords,metaDescription,slider,welcome,meetAbcEvents,meetAbcnews,meetabcfooter" previewFields="bodyText,metaDescription" searchBoxLocation="TOP" previewType="BEGINNING" resultsPerPage="5" previewChars="255" showPageRange="1" showOrdinals="1" showScores="1" showStats="1" Alias="XSLTsearch" runat="server"></umbraco:Macro>

</form>

Aug 30, 2011 @ 09:18
    Fuji Kusaka

Try to change your input text box to

<form method="post" action="searchresultpage.aspx?">
    <
    inputtype="text"name="search"class="searchField"value="Search"onFocus="this.value=''"/>
     <inputtype="image"alt="Search"src="img.png"value="Search"class="searhButton"/>
    </form>

And in your template where you want the result to display to

<form method="get" action="search.aspx?">
    <umbraco:Macro source="1256" searchFields="@nodeName,metaKeywords,metaDescription,slider,welcome,meetAbcEvents,meetAbcnews,meetabcfooter" previewFields="bodyText,metaDescription" searchBoxLocation="None" previewType="BEGINNING" resultsPerPage="5" previewChars="255" showPageRange="1" showOrdinals="1" showScores="1" showStats="1" Alias="XSLTsearch" runat="server"></umbraco:Macro>
    </form>
    Aug 30, 2011 @ 09:30
    dwarakesh

Hi

I didn't get u...  i m not clear with the above thing ...

i need to change the css of textbox and button in XSltsearch.xslt file ....

Aug 30, 2011 @ 09:42
    Fuji Kusaka

Hi,

Then you can just do this in your form post and add your css style for your input type="text" which is your textbox, and for your button you can use an image or css like below

<formmethod="post"action="searchresultpage.aspx?">
    <
    input type="text" name="search" class="searchField" value="Search" onFocus="this.value=''"/>
     <input type="image" alt="Search" src="img.png" value="Search" class="searhButton"/>
    </form>
    Sep 05, 2011 @ 08:16
    dwarakesh

Hi,

I got ur point.. but in Xsltsearch.xslt... there is a textbox and button with the  css class called input and submit.  i want to know from which css they are refering the class.. so that i can change the css according to my needs.. am i clear..

Sep 05, 2011 @ 08:22
    Fuji Kusaka

To be honest with you am not sure where this class is refering to. You could try asking Doug about it.

//fuji

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft