Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• dwarakesh 50 posts 69 karma points
    Sep 13, 2011 @ 09:05
    dwarakesh

get to know abt XSLT with umbraco library

Hi

I have been learning umbraco for few weeks .. so far it seems good.. but i came across default xslt with some Package installation.. even though i m using that Xslt and getting wat i need.. i cant understand it clearly..  can anyone provide some links such that  i can get familiar with xslt along with using umbraco library in Xslt..

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Sep 13, 2011 @ 09:09
    Dirk De Grave

dwarakesh,

Should show us some xslt and show us what parts you don't fully understand... and we could help a bit more! Anyway, you can find more info on any of the xslt extensions in the wiki section (starting point here)

Cheers,

/Dirk

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Sep 13, 2011 @ 09:15
    Rich Green

I think the best way to learn is to look at the examples in the default XSLT files, also if you are more comfortable with c# than XSLT you might want to consider Razor, if you do consider Razor then have a look at Sebastians great package here http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/cultiv-razor-examples this has about every Razor example you should need.

Rich

• dwarakesh 50 posts 69 karma points
    Sep 13, 2011 @ 09:29
    dwarakesh

Hi Dirk

This is part of  Xslt which is used in multi level navigation

<xsl:if test="count(./* [@isDoc and string(umbracoNaviHide) != '1']) &gt; 0">
           <ul>
             <xsl:for-each select="./* [@isDoc and string(umbracoNaviHide) != '1']">
                 <li>

<xsl:attribute name="class">
                       <xsl:if test="$currentPage/descendant::* [@level=1]">                    
                        <xsl:text>current</xsl:text>
                      </xsl:if>
                    </xsl:attribute>

<a href="{umbraco.library:NiceUrl(@id)}"><xsl:value-of select="@nodeName"/></a></li>
             </xsl:for-each>
           </ul>
        </xsl:if>

Can u clear abt the Bolded If loop in above XSLT.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft