Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• trfletch 598 posts 604 karma points
    Jul 01, 2009 @ 13:46
    trfletch

Using ultimate picker dropdown for doc2form field

Hi,

I am creating a form using doc2form in Umbraco 4 and I would like one of the fields to be a dropdown populated by certain page nodes. I know that you can create a dropdown datatype that is populated by child nodes using the ultimate picker and specifying the parent node ID. I thought that maybe I could add this custom datatype to my doc2form form (and therefore have a dropdown selection that is automatically populated by certain node names) but when I try and view the form page I get any error regarding <span class="tag">ScriptManager, if I then add ScriptManager to my template for that page I can view the page but it doens't show the dropdown that I am trying to create. Does anyone know if it is possible to acheive what I am trying to do and if so how do I go about it? Many thanks</span>

Jul 02, 2009 @ 14:02
    trfletch

No-one got any thoughts on this?

• Comment author was deleted

Jul 02, 2009 @ 14:15

Hi,

Haven't tested the ultimate picker with doc2form, it might have something todo with the fact that the ultimate picker inherits from an updatepanel. 

If you test the tag datatype with doc2form does that behave in the same way ?

Jul 03, 2009 @ 10:13
    trfletch

Hi Tim,

I just tested it with the tag datatype and that seems to show up fine on the page. Any other suggestions?

Cheers

• bob baty-barr 1180 posts 1294 karma points MVP
    Jul 05, 2009 @ 00:46
    bob baty-barr

@trfletch -- i was able to get this working on my umbraco 4.0.2.1 site here... http://www.baty-barr.com/bobspage/contact-bob

i will leave the output as an example up for a day or two :)

anyway, my markup looks like this in regards to my doc2form and the scriptmanager tag...

<form id="contactForm" class="contact" runat="server">
        <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">    </asp:ScriptManager>
        <umbraco:Macro DocumentType="1265" TabName="form data" PageTabs="0" HideTabNames="1" ShowDescriptions="0" RequiredText="bold fields required" SubmitButtonText="sumbit" PreviousButtonText="" NextButtonText="" TextOnSubmit="Thanks!" RedirectToNode="[#thanksNode]" StorePropertiesInCookies="" SendEmailResponse="0" ResponseSubject="" ResponseMessage="" ResponseEmailFieldAlias=", " ResponseCopyTo="" EmailForm="1" FormSubject="baty-barr.com contact form submission" FormMessage="" FormToEmailAddress="[#contactTo]" FormFromEmailAddress="[email protected]" UseAjax="0" DefaultValueNode="[#pageID]" Alias="Doc2FormEmail" runat="server"></umbraco:Macro>
        </form>

note teh empty scriptManager tag inside the form tag... that appears to do the trick

oh, and don't ask me why -- i have no clue... Tim G. walked me through that on a project months ago and i did not question it, it just worked :)

hope that helps...

• Dan Evans 629 posts 1016 karma points
    Jul 06, 2009 @ 19:08
    Dan Evans

I have exactly the same problem. Using 4.0.2.1 and the v4 version of doc2form with the macro code above but the form only renders the label for ultimatepicker data types and not the drop down.

Jul 07, 2009 @ 02:26
    bob baty-barr

Dan,

Did you specify a start node for the ultimate picker? mine worked just fine as posted above... what other packages are you using? might be worth exploring if there could be conflicts???

Jul 07, 2009 @ 09:58
    Dan Evans

The Ultimate Picker works fine from within Umbraco - so if i create a form document i can see the drop down. It just doesn't show on the form. No other packages installed.

Jul 07, 2009 @ 14:32
    trfletch

That is the exact same problem I have, the ultimate picker works fine in Umbraco but on the page it renders the label but the drop down list is missing! I am running Umbraco 4.0.2.1 with Doc2form version 3 and no other packages.

Jul 07, 2009 @ 15:49
    bob baty-barr

can you send some links to your examples so i can take a peak at the code? umbraco access would even be helpful... you can email me [bob(atsign)maliciousthinktank(dot)com]

Jul 07, 2009 @ 16:59
    bob baty-barr

wow guys... i am stuck... can any of the other umbraco people take a gander at this... it works just fine on my site, but the two others above are not...

Dan, the only thing i can see diffrent on yours it that you do not have an id for your scriptmanager.

Jul 07, 2009 @ 17:00
    bob baty-barr

but alas, that was not it -- still stuck

Jul 08, 2009 @ 08:47
    Dan Evans

can you send me your autoform.ascx and ascx.cs so i can check we are using the same code.

also a screenshot of your macro parameters.

thanks.

• Casey Neehouse 1339 posts 483 karma points MVP 2x admin
    Jul 14, 2009 @ 02:03
    Casey Neehouse

hmm,  Stumped.

Make sure that Ajax is turned off ajax="0" in this case.  Not sure how nesting update panels would react.

Also, which control for the ultimate picker are you using?  It may be that some work, while others do not.

Jul 14, 2009 @ 10:33
    trfletch

Ajax is turned off, when you say which control for the ultimate picker I assume you mean ntext, varchar etc etc? I have just tried it with all of them and even tried all the different types such as checkbox, autocomplete etc but still it just shows the label and nothing next to it!

Jul 15, 2009 @ 12:02
    Dan Evans

UseAjax="0" is a property of Doc2Form. The UltimatePicker always uses Ajax - i can't see how to turn this off, so it is always necessary to put a ScriptManager on the page. Still not working!

Jul 15, 2009 @ 12:11
    Dan Evans

Just tried this on a clean install of Umbraco 4 and the same result - no ultimate picker displayed.

It also won't display custom data types created using a user control wrapper.

Jul 15, 2009 @ 12:42
    trfletch

I'm glad it's not just me that has got this problem!

• titorge 14 posts 28 karma points
    Jul 20, 2009 @ 12:54
    titorge

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 159 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0cm; margin-right:0cm; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} h1 {mso-style-priority:9; mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-link:"Heading 1 Char"; mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0cm; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0cm; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; mso-outline-level:1; font-size:24.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {mso-style-priority:99; color:blue; mso-themecolor:hyperlink; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; color:purple; mso-themecolor:followedhyperlink; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} span.Heading1Char {mso-style-name:"Heading 1 Char"; mso-style-priority:9; mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-locked:yes; mso-style-link:"Heading 1"; mso-ansi-font-size:24.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:24.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-hansi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-font-kerning:18.0pt; mso-fareast-language:NO-BOK; font-weight:bold;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:70.85pt 70.85pt 70.85pt 70.85pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

Hi

I’ve posted (old forum) a problems with TinyMCE rich text editor in an Autoform (doc2Form). The autoform was set up with a Page Header (textstring),  Introtext (simple editor) and finally the RTE. When I loaded the Autoform the RTE was not rendered.

http://forum.umbraco.org/yaf_postst10053_Autoform--RTE-not-render.aspx

I got the same problem when I use a member picker in Autoform. The dropdown is displayed and I can choose my members but the submit button is not rendered.

Can this be in relation to your problems?

I’m using the Ultimate Picker in another control (not Autoform) letting user’s update their profile. It works perfect both within Umbraco and on the “update your profile” page.

• Trevor Loader 199 posts 256 karma points
    Sep 09, 2010 @ 08:15
    Trevor Loader

Hi, did anyone figure this out?  I've recompiled doc2form to .net 4 and it is working fine against umbraco v4.5 (.net 4)....except that ultimate picker only renders the name and not the dropdown.

Any ideas?

• Casey Neehouse 1339 posts 483 karma points MVP 2x admin
    Oct 15, 2010 @ 04:42
    Casey Neehouse

I finally dug into the problem and found the issue.

The issue is actually with UltimatePicker itself.  The issue is when it tries to set the control values (selected items), it fails, as there are no data and selected items in doc2form nodes (unless you are in edit mode).

Thus, a simple check before trying to set the selected values.

Temporary work-around.. Create a blank copy of the form document type in content, and set the DefaultValueNode to this blank instance.  It will set the values as needed.

• James Hildeman 92 posts 88 karma points
    Sep 25, 2013 @ 20:19
    James Hildeman

Casey, man you saved my day!  The Temporary work-around  did the trick and solved the problem.  Thank you!

Referencing...
    Temporary work-around.. Create a blank copy of the form document type in content, and set the DefaultValueNode to this blank instance. It will set the values as needed.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft