Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anuj 15 posts 35 karma points
    Feb 15, 2012 @ 09:00
    Anuj

GetMedia System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.

Hi,

I am new to umbraco and working on media files and getting some problems.Please have a look at them and tell  me where i am wrong.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [ <!ENTITY nbsp "&#x00A0;"> ]>
    <xsl:stylesheet
      version="1.0"
      xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
      xmlns:msxml="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"
      xmlns:umbraco.library="urn:umbraco.library" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltCommon="urn:Exslt.ExsltCommon" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes="urn:Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltMath="urn:Exslt.ExsltMath" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions="urn:Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltStrings="urn:Exslt.ExsltStrings" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltSets="urn:Exslt.ExsltSets"
      exclude-result-prefixes="msxml umbraco.library Exslt.ExsltCommon Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes Exslt.ExsltMath Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions Exslt.ExsltStrings Exslt.ExsltSets ">

<xsl:output method="xml" omit-xml-declaration="yes"/>

<xsl:param name="currentPage"/>

<xsl:template match="/">

<!-- start writing XSLT -->
      <xsl:value-of select="$currentPage/mediaItem"/>   // Its returning 1052

<xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:GetMedia($currentPage/mediaItem, 'false')"/>
      // Here is the error.
    </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

When i use   <xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:GetMedia($currentPage/mediaItem, 'false')"/>

then its throwing error

Error occured

System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.
    at System.Convert.ToInt32(Double value)
    at System.Double.System.IConvertible.ToInt32(IFormatProvider provider)
    at System.Convert.ChangeType(Object value, Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider)
    at System.Xml.Xsl.Runtime.XmlQueryRuntime.ChangeTypeXsltArgument(XmlQueryType xmlType, Object value, Type destinationType)
    at System.Xml.Xsl.Runtime.XmlQueryContext.InvokeXsltLateBoundFunction(String name, String namespaceUri, IList`1[] args)
    at (XmlQueryRuntime {urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt-debug}runtime)
    at Root(XmlQueryRuntime {urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt-debug}runtime)
    at Execute(XmlQueryRuntime {urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt-debug}runtime)
    at System.Xml.Xsl.XmlILCommand.Execute(Object defaultDocument, XmlResolver dataSources, XsltArgumentList argumentList, XmlSequenceWriter results)
    at System.Xml.Xsl.XmlILCommand.Execute(Object defaultDocument, XmlResolver dataSources, XsltArgumentList argumentList, XmlWriter writer)
    at System.Xml.Xsl.XslCompiledTransform.Transform(IXPathNavigable input, XsltArgumentList arguments, XmlWriter results, XmlResolver documentResolver)
    at System.Xml.Xsl.XslCompiledTransform.Transform(IXPathNavigable input, XsltArgumentList arguments, TextWriter results)
    at umbraco.presentation.webservices.codeEditorSave.SaveXslt(String fileName, String oldName, String fileContents, Boolean ignoreDebugging)

If i use  <xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:GetMedia(1052, 'false')"/>

Then its perfect.Please tell me whats wrong in the above code.

Thanks

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Feb 15, 2012 @ 15:03
    Tom Fulton

Hi,

You should wrap the GetMedia calls in a check to verify you have a value.  The reason is that when you press Save, Umbraco does a quick test of your XSLT file.  In this test it may not have a value for $currentPage/mediaItem - and this will cause an exception as GetMedia is expecting an integer.  Also this could happen if you run the macro on a page that doesn't have any media selected.

So you can handle both situations by wrapping it in a test to ensure there is a value:

<xsl:variable name="mediaId" select="$currentPage/mediaItem"/>

<xsl:if test="$mediaId &gt; 0">
      <xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:GetMedia($mediaId, false())"/>
    </xsl:if>

Hope this helps,
    Tom

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft