Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ian Percival 2 posts 22 karma points
    Feb 29, 2012 @ 00:41
    Ian Percival

(n00b question) How to add a condition to for-each select object property

Hey all,

I am an expierenced developer but new to Umbraco this week. I would like to create a xslt macro that grabs objects but uses a property from the objects as a condition.

I have added a property to all datatypes named "topNav" it is of type True/False

I want to create an xslt macro that will grab all objects with that property set on it.

Here are a few things I have tried but I am still learning the syntax:

<xsl:for-each select="$currentPage/descendant::* [@isDoc and string(umbracoNaviHide) != '1' and string(topNav) == '1']">

<xsl:for-each select="$currentPage/descendant::* [@isDoc and string(umbracoNaviHide) != '1' and string(topNav) == 'True']">

<xsl:for-each select="$currentPage/descendant::* [@isDoc and string(umbracoNaviHide) != '1' and $topNav]">

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

• Ian Percival 2 posts 22 karma points
    Feb 29, 2012 @ 01:02
    Ian Percival

well nevermind.... this works:

<xsl:for-each select="$currentPage/descendant::* [@isDoc and string(umbracoNaviHide) != '1' and string(topNav) == '1']">

The problem was I was saving objects with that value turned off and they will still displaying but then after saving it said "remember to publish to see changes" and a light went off, I hit save and publish and now it is gone from my nav... as I was wanting.

• Paul Blair 466 posts 731 karma points
    Feb 29, 2012 @ 01:18
    Paul Blair

looks like you're mostly there. The one thing that might need changing is make the comparision operator "=" instead of "=="

== is not valid XSLT syntax

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft