Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• SM 19 posts 41 karma points
    Mar 28, 2012 @ 09:29
    SM

Select DISTINCT or Getting A Unique List

Hey,

I tried to get the unique node names, but its not working properly...Am attaching my xslt here for ref... please have a look on the below provided and help me to find a solution asap.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [ <!ENTITY nbsp "&#x00A0;"> ]>
    <xsl:stylesheet 
            version="1.0" 
            xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" 
            xmlns:msxml="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"
            xmlns:umbraco.library="urn:umbraco.library" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltCommon="urn:Exslt.ExsltCommon" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes="urn:Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltMath="urn:Exslt.ExsltMath" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions="urn:Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltStrings="urn:Exslt.ExsltStrings" xmlns:Exslt.ExsltSets="urn:Exslt.ExsltSets" 
            exclude-result-prefixes="msxml umbraco.library Exslt.ExsltCommon Exslt.ExsltDatesAndTimes Exslt.ExsltMath Exslt.ExsltRegularExpressions Exslt.ExsltStrings Exslt.ExsltSets ">
    <xsl:output method="xml" omit-xml-declaration="yes"/>

<xsl:param name="currentPage"/>
    <xsl:key name="uniqCategory" match="node" use="@nodeName"/>

<xsl:template match="/">
      <xsl:variable name="categoryNode" select="$currentPage/ancestor-or-self::*[@isDoc]" />
      <xsl:variable name="categoryN" select="$categoryNode//*[@isDoc and @level=4 and name()='CategoryArea']" />
      <xsl:for-each select="$categoryN/node [generate-id() = generate-id(key('uniqCategory', @nodeName)[1])]">
        <xsl:value-of select="@nodeName"/><br/>
      </xsl:for-each>

</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

• SM 19 posts 41 karma points
    Mar 29, 2012 @ 12:21
    SM

Guys, Finally I Found the Solution for this any way this post helped me to find the solution http://goo.gl/XvvwN

also am pasting the codes here for ref.

<xsl:param name="currentPage"/>
    <!-- set variables -->
    <xsl:variable name="categoryNode" select="$currentPage/ancestor-or-self::*[@isDoc]" />
    <xsl:variable name="categoryN" select="$categoryNode//*[@isDoc and @level=4 and name()='CategoryArea']" />
    <!-- 'bunch' all of the categories together into one variable (comma delimited)... -->
    <xsl:variable name="cty">
      <xsl:for-each select="$categoryN">
            <xsl:value-of select="@nodeName"/>
            <xsl:if test="position()!=count($categoryN)">,</xsl:if>
      </xsl:for-each>
    </xsl:variable>

<xsl:template match="/">  
      <!-- output all the 'unique' values from the above list... -->
      <xsl:for-each select="umbraco.library:Split($cty,',')//value[not(.=following::value)]">
        <xsl:sort select="current()"/>
        <xsl:if test="current()!=''"<!-- this is to avoid getting the 'blank' tag from the dataType -->
          <href="/c/{Exslt.ExsltStrings:replace(current(), ' ', '-')}.aspx" rel="{current()}">
            <xsl:value-of select="current()"/>
          </a><br/>
        </xsl:if>
      </xsl:for-each
    </xsl:template>

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft