Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• rasb 162 posts 218 karma points
    Jul 19, 2009 @ 23:33
    rasb

Navigation based on Member Groups

Hi guys,

I have a site, where I would like to create a different user experience based on what role the user logged in has.

I would like to be able to create a second level navigation, that is based on the role of the user.

The way I would like it to work is that I through the content section set the public access to role based protection on the documents below. Then in my second level navigation I would like to display only the documents that are available to the logged in user. If I then want to give them access to more information I will include them in the appropriate group.

Can I do that through XSLT or do I need to create some sort of user control?

Thanks,
    Rasb

• rasb 162 posts 218 karma points
    Jul 19, 2009 @ 23:35
    rasb

Sorry... forgot to include information on my setup:

• Umbraco Version: 4.0.2.1
    • asp.net version: 2.0
    • Windows and iis version: Windows Server 2003 and IIS 6

• Magnus 6 posts 26 karma points
    Feb 26, 2010 @ 17:20
    Magnus

Hello there,

Did you ever get any reponse to this? I'm in the same situation right now.

Best regards, Magnus

• dandrayne 1138 posts 2262 karma points
    Feb 26, 2010 @ 18:01
    dandrayne

Ooh, shame noone saw the original post, it's been quite a while.

Hows about trying something like this (where MEMBERTYPE) is the default member type the user is assigned.

<xsl:if test="umbraco.library:IsLoggedOn() and string(umbraco.library:GetCurrentMember()/@nodeTypeAlias) != 'MEMBERTYPE'">
    <!-- Your nav -->
    </xsl:if>

You can see the xml associated with a member with something like the following.  This will help see what you can and can't access

<textarea rows="40" cols="40"><xsl:copy-of select="umbraco.library:GetCurrentMember()" /></textarea>

Dan

• Magnus 6 posts 26 karma points
    Feb 28, 2010 @ 16:13
    Magnus

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your answer. I'm evaluating if umbraco could be something we can use for some sites instead of sharepoint and I am very impressed so far. Take care.

/Magnus

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft